This Admissions Liaison is accountable to the program director of the inpatient rehabilitation program. The main job duties are :
1) Respond to and carry out pre-admission screenings for patients referred to the rehab program
2) Develop and implement a referral development program as a means to promote the features and benefits of the rehab program to patients, families and the community. The amount of time spent performing either task will vary based on volume of activity.
- Assesses referred patients for inpatient acute rehabilitation services, including making recommendations for alternate levels of care within the continuum if the patient is not a candidate for admission.
- Initiates the admission of patients by completing all necessary forms and insurance pre-certifications. Seeks out pre-certifications as appropriate.
- Promotes the inpatient rehabilitation program by providing tours of the unit, attending discharge planning meetings throughout the organization, and creating trusting, consultative relationships at all levels of the organization.
Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable field of study (Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy), required
• Must have a minimum of two years of clinical experience; rehab setting experience a plus.
• Clinical expertise and strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to comprehensively review a medical record for rehab medical necessity and consistently apply organizational skills
• Results oriented, independently goal directed and able to multi-task.
• Able to communicate well with many diverse audiences and have strong customer service skills.
• Able to meet established time-frames
• Able to pass pre-admission screening competency.
• Experience with computer and other electronic data entry devices
• Current Pennsylvania license in related field (Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy), required, with a preference for RN License
• Current PA driver's license