To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Athens, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Building Engineer (Commercial Office) - Augusta, GA
JLL • Athens, GA
Posted 7 days ago
At JLL we are always looking for great talent in Augusta, GA. The description listed below is for a position we will recruit for in the near future, and is not a current need. If you are a fit for this position, we will contact you as soon as we begin actively recruiting for it.
If you would like to stay up to date on positions at JLL, please join our Talent Network.
- Electrical installation, repair, and maintenance of electrical equipment and controls located in the interior and exterior of building.
- Plumbing installation, repair, and maintenance of piping and associated equipment and components located in the interior and exterior of building.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains mechanical/electrical operating equipment and machinery.
- Conducts a routine and on-going assessment of the building systems operations.
- Performs tests, rounds and analyzes data to assure the proper functioning of building equipment.
- Monitors operation of the mechanical / electrical operating equipment.
- Oversees and monitors the operation and makes adjustment of refrigeration, heat exchanger, HVAC, electrical, emergency backup systems and hot water systems; monitors operation, adjusts, and maintains refrigeration, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; boilers, and ventilating and hot water heaters; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; record readings and make adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment. Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all base building and critical system equipment which includes but not limited to: assembling all tools, supplies and instruments necessary to complete the job, performing work with a minimum amount disruption, conducting immediate clean up of work area, completing the preventive maintenance tasks, returning tools to workshop, and unused supplies to store room, reporting any impending supply or material shortages for ordering and advising the Property Manager of any equipment problems.
- Install and repairs plumbing/piping/tubing; wire single and three phase motors (single & two speed); run conduit; pull wiring to machinery, motors, operating parts, etc.; install and rebuild pumps and motors; install and rebuild air compressors; heat exchangers; replace bearings in all types of motors; replace seals on pumps; install and repair piping, valves, filters, hot water systems and associated controls; assist other mechanics and operators with major repairs and maintenance of building and equipment. Installs, repairs, and maintains electrical controls, switching and motor controls. Monitors operation and maintains refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; recording readings as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions.
- Complies with policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintains records for work completed in a neat and organized manner.
- Maintains responsibility for facility services, preventative maintenance, general maintenance and technical proficiency.
- Ensure the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies and develop sources for stock materials related to maintaining the facility.
- Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Ensure that work performed in client space is accomplished with a minimum of disruption and is followed by adequate cleanup
- Education - High school diploma or state equivalent required. Additionally, minimum of two years of related trade schooling or two years of college.
- Experience - Minimum four years experience in electrical trade or related field or minimum four years experience in HVAC/refrigeration trade or related field or minimum four years experience in emergency backup systems (generators, UPS, etc.).
- Special knowledge and skills - Skilled in use of tools and machinery common to trade and craft. Knowledge of OSHA standards and City Codes with respect to electrical systems.
- Personal characteristics - Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
- Familiar with computer equipment and programs.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]