Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change.
Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
As a member of the Legal team, reporting to the VP, Legal Affairs - M&A, Executive Compensation, Corporate Maintenance, serve as a primary attorney for UL’s corporate and business leadership. Acts as a trusted legal advisor and provides legal counseling and advice on matters of legal impact to the company.
- Supporting and directly advising business partners on acquisition, joint venture and other strategic transactions, projects, and strategic business initiatives.
- Supporting and advising on executive compensation matters;
- Supporting and advising on corporate governance and board matters;
- Supporting and advising on corporate maintenance matters for the UL group of companies;
- Collaborating cross-functionally to resolve project, contractual, commercial, operational, compliance, and other issues.
- Researches, analyzes and advises on legal issues related to UL’s specific legal requirements.
- Reviews, drafts and negotiates transactional and other agreements.
- Participates in or leads special projects furthering corporate and strategic plans.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable laws and standards and monitor advancements to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance.
- Develops, refines and implements policies, processes, and technical and organizational controls to ensure UL’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations around the globe.
- Manages and coordinates legal advice and support of UL Legal with respect to strategic initiatives and provide expertise and guidance to harmonize issues.
- Consult and coordinate with other UL attorneys, as well as external counsel, as appropriate to ensure the proper approach.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- JD from a top-tier law school
- Bar admission in good standing
- 4+ years relevant experience.
- Experience with corporate transactional matters
- Top law firm experience strongly preferred
- Transactional experience
- M&A experience
- UL has COVID-19 protocols and policies in place. Business related travel on behalf of UL requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Corporate Counsel - M&A & Corporate Governance
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Strategies