Now is your chance to join one of the country's largest and most trusted LTL carriers: ABF Freight is looking for new team members across the country!
ABF Freight, an ArcBest company, is an exceptional company where driven people have rewarding careers. Our pace of expansion means we're looking for people with The Skill & The Will to serve customers who depend on us for customized transportation and logistics solutions.
It's more than a job; it's a career.
Road Drivers are responsible for the pickup and delivery of cargo trailers to and from various long-distance destinations.
General Description of Duties:
coupling and uncoupling trailers from one another and from the tractor
driving for an extended period of time
performing various tasks ranging from check-in, tractor/trailer inspection, tractor set up and the pickup and delivery of cargo.
Actual duties and schedule may vary depending on terminal location.
* Minimum 21 years of age.
* Have 1 year of verifiable tractor/trailer experience (Candidates with less than 1-year experience may be eligible for training).
* Have a Class-A CDL with doubles/triples, tanker and hazardous materials endorsements.
* Have a good stable work record.
* Have a safe driving record (from MVR and previous employment).
* Be able to pass DOT pre-employment drug screen and meet DOT medical requirements.
* Road Tractors average less than 18 months in age.
* Fully air-conditioned equipment.
* Tractors equipped with power steering.
* Preventive Maintenance Program for all ABF equipment.
* Wages - Teamster Union Scale with over-the-road mileage rate.
Questions about this position? Email us at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Road Driver Part-Time
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Road Driver Part-Time
or call us at
. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability.
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)