Looking for a career that is rewarding both personally and professionally?
The Carolina Center for Behavioral Health is South Carolina’s leader in inpatient and outpatient psychiatric and substance use disorder services. Conveniently located off of I-85 at exit 56 in Greer, our team of 300+ high-quality employees describe working here as “like family,” “supportive,” and “life-changing.” Our registered nurses, mental health technicians, psychiatrists, nurse practitioners and therapists serve hundreds of adults, senior adults, and adolescents each month with the common goal of bringing hope back to their lives. There is meaning in this work and that’s why many of our employees say they found their calling at The Carolina Center. Find out more at www.thecarolinacenter.com.
We are currently looking for PRN (as needed) Registered Nurses to join our team of dedicated professionals.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: To deliver quality patient care to adult, adolescent and geriatric patients who may need psychiatric, or chemical dependency related treatment.
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Attends Mandatory Training
- Assists patients who are prone to fall when walking or sitting.
- Participate in restraint and seclusion of patients when required.
- Push patients in wheelchairs when required.
- Administers patient medications prescribed by physician.
- Assists dietary staff in identifying patients on special diets and assuring patients’ compliance with dietary orders.
- Completes nursing assessment.
- Updates treatment care plans.
- Participates in treatment planning: (a) helps identify patients’ problems, needs and strengths; (b) suggesting modifications to treatment plan based on observations of patients’ behavior; (c) providing input into discharge planning
- Participate in implementing patients’ treatment plans by; (a) monitoring patients’ progress; (b) communicating information regarding patients’ behavior to other members of treatment team; (c) maintains communication with patient, family members and referral sources in patient’s interest; (d) facilitates or co-facilitates didactic groups, community meetings, or drug or alcohol education groups; (e) encouraging and facilitating patients’ participation in therapeutic activities; (f) supervising patients to ensure their safety and their involvement in treatment; (g) providing input during shift report.
- Accompany patients as assigned.
- Help maintain the therapeutic milieu on the unit, including, but not limited to, facilitation of community meetings.
- Maintain patient, program, department and related documentation.
- Maintains a safe, orderly, and therapeutic physical environment for patients.
- Maintains desirable pattern of attendance, punctuality, and productivity.
- Supports facility service excellence standards.
- Complies with facility safety, infection control and security program.
- Collect and analyze patient data
- Develop a comprehensive outline of care to be delivered to attain expected outcomes
- Develop and attain nursing department goals and objectives
- Effectively manage psychiatric crisis emergency situations
- Assess for pain in adolescent, adult and geriatric patients and either administer the appropriate treatment for the level of pain, or communicate assessment to appropriate staff, as well as educate the patient about the pain and treatment.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Orient new patients to unit program and milieu.
- Carry out general nursing care assistance, appropriate to the patient population as assigned.
- Carry out clerical and administrative assignment to support patient care and department and organization operations.
- Participates in activities which enhance development of professional knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrates conduct in keeping with CCBH’s ethical standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY:
Must possess current RN license in the state of practice. Must demonstrate sound leadership skill and utilize these skills in organizing the activities and schedules for medical and/or non-medical tasks of the patient population for a given shift. Must have a record of consistently high quality of clinical and interpersonal skills to be an exemplary role model to others. Displays basic knowledge of treatment procedures; displays knowledge of interventions common to acute psychotic as well as to non-violent crisis intervention practice; basic knowledge of abnormal psychology and application of this knowledge through the provision of nursing care; basic knowledge of medical terminology especially those terms associated with the treatment of psychiatric and addictive disease care; thorough familiarity of psycho-pharmacy and the use of psychotropic medications as a part of the treatment of psychiatric and addictive disease care; basic teaching and training skills; skill in facilitating or co-facilitation psycho-educational groups, eligible for CPR certification; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers; flexibility regarding schedule and work assignment; willingness to maintain all medical/treatment as highly confidential.
In the absence of any of these qualifications upon hire, with the exclusion of licensure, employee must demonstrate the ability to learn these concepts and develop these skills within a reasonable time frame via the organization’s orientation and training program.
The Carolina Center for Behavioral Health is a part of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS), one of the Nation's largest and most respected hospital companies. UHS owns and operates through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS ranks on the Fortune 500 list of America's largest corporations with over 74,000 employees, and is consistently listed among Fortune's "Most Admired Companies" and one of the 30 Most Meaningful Companies To Work For in America by Business Insider.