The Technical Writer is responsible for developing and managing the client-facing user assistance content for one or more assigned software solutions under supervision of a senior writer, information developer, or the User Assistance manager. Publications are delivered in both online help and PDF format for the client end user, system administrator, reporting specialist, developer, business analyst, and software implementation audiences.
The Technical Writer is responsible for original content development, editing and revision of previously written content, and managing the documentation review, approval, and publication processes under the supervision of senior User Assistance staff.
The Technical Writer is expected to meet all project deadlines and communicate project status across the User Assistance, Product Management, and Development teams as needed.
Essential Functions and Key Position Accountabilities:
• Fulfill client-facing user assistance documentation requirements as assigned.
• Attend development scrum team meetings and events as needed to stay up to date with changes to assigned software solutions.
• Produce content and images that aid clients in using software solutions while adhering to User Assistance team writing and style guidelines, marketing branding guidelines, and general documentation guidelines.
• Support and maintain existing information architecture for content sharing and reuse.
• Actively contribute to ongoing growth and development of the User Assistance team, by contributing to team writing and style guidelines, and team processes.
• May perform peer content editing as requested.
• Continuously develop knowledge and understanding of software solutions and the clients that use them.
• Successfully complete training available through that supports key job functions.
• Learn the assigned software solutions through hands-on practice with them.
• Attend provided client training for clients, as available.
• Interview and collaborate with client-facing staff to better understand how clients use software solutions.
• Assist with other projects and duties as requested by the User Assistance Manager.
Minimum Qualifications – Experience and Knowledge
• Three years technical writing experience in the software industry.
• Effective research skills.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive and productive relationships with subject matter experts (SMEs).
• One year of experience writing using an industry style guide.
• Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills with a strong command of English language and grammar.
• General understanding of software development processes.
• Excellent work management skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• External candidates are required to submit at least three non-edited writing samples illustrating writing skill and versatility.
• Experience working in a close-knit team environment.
• Healthcare industry knowledge a plus.
• Collaborative and cooperative approach to work assignments.
• Experience with XML- and topic-based authoring.
• Experience sharing a content repository with other writers.
• Experience supporting an Agile scrum development team.
• MadCap Flare authoring skills.
• Desire to learn new tools and technology.
• Strong, flexible, motivated, and adaptable self-starter.
If you are interested in this opportunity or know someone who is, please send resumes directly to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Senior Technical Writer (API's)
Requirements: • API (No coding) • MadCap Flare or RoboHelp or XML-based authoring tool • 5+ Years of experience
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at
or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Technical Writer (API's).
Hardworking And Dedicated