Veolia is the largest sustainable environmental solutions organization globally. With over 179,000 employees worldwide and operations in over 40 countries, our areas of expertise consist of water, waste and energy management. Veolia is seeking an Operator in Jackson to operate and maintain wastewater treatment, processing, disposal and testing equipment in wastewater treatment facility to meet permit requirements.
Full-time position with benefits and 401K match
Schedule: M-F, varying shift options of 3 PM to 11 PM or 11 PM to 7 AM with rotatinal weekend on call
- Tends automatic and semi-automatic machines and related equipment including pumps, engines, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, chemical feed and odor control and vacuum filters used to decontaminate waste water by settling, aeration and sludge digestion.
- Monitors control panels and adjusts valves and gates manually or by remote control to regulate flow.
- Monitors flow meters, gauges, flow ratios, pressures and related controls through instrument panels, computer terminals and programmable logic control units in assigned area.
- Monitors and records operating conditions observations and data in area shift log.
- Ensures conformance to process specifications. Diagnoses basic operational problems and takes corrective action per procedure. Verifies and reports suspected malfunctions and variances to supervisor and takes corrective actions.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance and maintenance related items as assigned.
- Performs manual labor including filling and emptying of machine bins and cleaning equipment, facilities and grounds as required.
- Operates vehicles for plant operational purposes.
- Practices good housekeeping in assigned area and properly disposes of waste according to safety and environmental policies.
- Highschool diploma or GED with the ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions). Must have the ability to perform basic math equations. Associate’s degree in a science or technical area strongly preferred.
- Mississippi Wastewater Class 2 (or higher) License highly preferred, not required.
- Six months to two years experience in a related position and environment with knowledge of the methods, techniques, and practices of water/wastewater treatment is preferred.
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to learn and independently operate assigned machines and equipment meeting or exceeding processing and quality targets.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn and independently operate equipment such as pumps, engines, centrifuge, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, odor control, disinfection equipment, sludge processing filters, belt presses and measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment.
- Must demonstrate a working ability to use computer programs for process control.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Must be able to serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call if required by site.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
Veolia North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.