To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
188 Vann Drive
Jackson, TN 38305
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. • Jackson, TN
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Retail Sales employee performs guest service by providing information to the guest about the store and retail products, assisting guests with merchandise, handling and care of the merchandise, and operating the cash stand; acting in a manner that conveys the highest possible degree of hospitality. The Retail employee assists in identifying and solving present and potential guest service issues.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs guest service by accepting payment from guests, providing information about the store and acting in a manner that conveys the highest degree of hospitality
- Perform both sales floor and cash stand responsibilities through a shift. Read and understand restaurant Guest checks. Understand the to-go order process and ring up Guest checks in a timely manner.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
- Greet guests in a friendly manner.
- Move between the cash stand and sales floor based on where the Guests are in order to meet their needs, with a sense of urgency.
- Be fully familiar with the operation of the cash register equipment, including replacement of receipt paper.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example
- Carefully monitors the operation of the stores and assists the manager in identifying and solving present and potential guest problems
- Follows Cracker Barrel Old Country Store operational policies and procedures to ensure the safety of all employees and guests during each shift.
- Answer the telephone in a pleasant manner and ensure the Guest’s needs are met.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Meet store operating policies and standards and cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Engage with and understand our guests, including discovering and responding to guest needs through clear and pleasant communication
- Comply with a dress code that prohibits displaying tattoos on face or throat.
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift
- Read, write and comprehend the English language
- Stand for long periods of time
- Lift a maximum of 25 pounds overhead for stocking merchandise
- Working knowledge of math, numbers, money counting and making correct change
- Work at a pace consistent with changing business volume and demands
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships