Inspector - All Shifts
No Experience Needed!
Training Provided! We are growing and looking for motivated individuals to learn our business and grow with us!
Openings on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and our Weekend Shift!
Quality is at the forefront of everything we do and we need individuals that will carry that passion and help ensure the product we manufacture meets our stringent quality expectations. We have several steps in our quality process and an inspector could be considered to be placed in a variety of areas. Our quality processes start at receiving inspection to make sure the components we use meet our standards. AOI inspectors manage an Automated Optical Inspection process to verify circuit boards coming off our our manufacturing lines are correct. After all manufacturing processes are complete we have FVM inspectors complete a final visual inspection.
Who are we?
Founded in 1849, Ducommun is the oldest company in California. Starting as a hardware supply store during the California Gold Rush and eventually assisted in the birth of the aerospace industry in Southern California by providing aircraft aluminum to early aerospace pioneers like Lindbergh, Douglas and Lockheed.
Today Ducommun is a global provider of innovative manufacturing solutions for customers in the aerospace, defense and industrial markets. We specialize in electronic and structural systems, producing complex products and components for commercial aircraft platforms, mission-critical military and space programs, and sophisticated industrial applications.
Our Facility in Appleton, WI manufactures state-of-the-art circuit boards for Aerospace and Defense as well as Industrial and Medical Industries.
- Excellent company culture - as recognized by Newsweek's Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
- Clean and climate controlled working environment
- Opportunity for career growth
- Great benefits including paid vacation and sick time, 401K match, Employee Stock Purchase Program, annual bonus plan, and tuition reimbursement
Inspect electrical equipment to ensure customer standards.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Perform first piece / first article inspections
- Perform receiving inspection on raw materials, in-process inspection on work in progress,final inspection on completed assemblies per documentation and record results
- Inspect a variety of electronic components and assemblies such as printed wiring boards, connectors with attached wires, flexible circuits, crimped or soldered wires, a variety of molded parts and/or the use of such materials in electronic arrangements of various degrees of complexity
- Check for availability of tools, equipment and materials; receive or relocate materials from preceding operation or storage area as needed; arrange work place, equipment and materials for proper working procedure as required
- Ensure all required paperwork is received and previous operations indicated on the documents are completed in accordance with established procedures prior to conducting an inspection
- Complete rejected material dispositions (RMD) paperwork and process for approval
- Maintain and where required, calibrate equipment used in inspection and manufacturing processes
- Provide technical support to co-workers, suppliers or customers, including identifying and correcting specific problems
- May provide on-the-job-training (OJT) for other inspectors
- May assume limited supervisor responsibilities in the absence of the Quality Supervisor
- Adhere to the General Requirements of Team Members
- Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area
- Perform other assignments as required
- Proficient use of inspection tools and associated technical documents including but not limited to the following: voltmeters, micrometers, hand stamp, eye loop, pedestal mounted magnifying glass or scope with light, in-process work sheets, drawings, blueprints, specifications sheets, bills of material, a variety of jigs and fixtures for examining components and assemblies and calibrated measuring rules
- Excellent written and verbal skills to interact with people at all levels inside and outside of Ducommun
- Knowledge of required standards, as identified in training matrix, including ISO and Mil Specs.
- Intermediate level computer proficiency including e-mail, Word, and Excel
- Must have good documentation skills; attention to detail is critical
- Abilities listed in the General Requirements of Team Members
- High school diploma required; college education or business school preferred
- Must be capable of satisfactorily completing the training and certifications identified in training matrix.
- U.S. Person authorization to meet ITAR / EAR requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
2222 East Pensar Drive
Appleton, Wisconsin, 54911
- Assembly And Installation
- Attention To Detail
- Electrical Installation Work
- Microsoft Excel