LMI is seeking for a Senior ASP.NET / MVC Web Developer to be the technical lead of a software development team located at a client site in Washington, DC. LMI is a private government consulting firm, dedicated exclusively to advancing the management of the government. As a not-for-profit company, we deliver the best value for the government dollar as all revenues are directed to our mission of advancing government rather than to delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our not-for-profit status and specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction. We offer a generous compensation package with excellent benefits that start the first day of employment. Business casual dress, flex time, on site restaurant and exercise facility, and tuition reimbursement are a few of our many work-life benefits available to our employees.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Job Functions)
- Lead a team of LMI software developers and domain experts to design and develop data-intensive, web-based applications in support of multiple federal agencies using the Microsoft .NET framework and SQL Server.
- Perform software development activities including requirements gathering and analysis, systems design, development, documentation, testing and integration.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum B.S. in computer science, engineering, or a related field and 10+ years’ professional experience with an emphasis on full lifecycle systems development including system design, development, and maintenance/support.
- Demonstrated experience in web development using ASP.NET and C# with the Web Forms and MVC models.
- Strong demonstrated experience working with relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server 2008 - 2016) and developing database-driven .NET applications.
- Experience using ASP.NET UI controls, 3rdparty web application UI controls (e.g.Telerik, etc), and AJAX technologies.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance, for which one must be a US citizen.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hands-on experience using agile software development methodologies and practices such as Test Driven Design (TDD). Familiar with lifecycle management tools such as Atlassian JIRA.
- Experience using Object Relational Mapping (ORM) such as the Entity Framework / LINQ to SQL.
- Experience with Distributed Source Control tools such as Git or Mercurial.
- Familiar with Design Patterns (implementation and explanation).
- Familiar with developing reports using SQL-Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and third party OLAP and data analysis tools.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with a team of software developers.
- Experience working in a consultant/client environment.
Sql Server Reporting Services
Sql Server Integration Services
Sql Server Analysis Services
C Sharp (Programming Language)