Job Title: Administrative Manager, Project Operations
Location: Ashburn, Virginia
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Shift: First Shift / Monday through Friday / 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Administrative Manager of Project Operations assists the company in meeting its objectives and goals by supporting the Vice President of Operations and Project Management in their responsibility and oversight, leading and directing assigned commercial construction projects in the Washington D.C. and Northern Virginia markets. The Administrative Manager of Project Operations provides the required administrative support to the Vice President of Operations and Project Management to comply with Company procedures and practices as well as the upstream client/customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administratively assists and supports the Vice President of Operations and Project Operations (project management and project team members).
- Administratively assists with the execution and management of the terms and conditions of project contracts.
- Administratively prepares and distributes downstream contract documentation for the review of senior management and project management, and issuance to assigned parties.
- Project accounting responsibilities to include the analytical evaluation and preparation of project billings, as assigned.
- Responsible for preparing, reviewing and processing employee time cards for management approval, and processing by the Payroll Department.
- Prepares and presents computer generated spreadsheets and reports associated with assigned tasks and project accounting responsibilities as it may relate to the process or the procedures in the support of project operations.
- Preparing documentation to include general correspondence, matrices, and records as they relate to the support of the Vice President of Operations and project operations.
- Responsible for communicating in a professional manner: verbally, in writing, and electronically with Company workforce, internal and external clients, and ensures the successful transmission of information and documentation.
- Responsible for document control for Project Operations, maintains electronic records in accordance with Company record keeping methodologies, best practices and document retention policies.
- Responsible for learning new technologies to satisfy the administrative and document control requirements of the Company and external clients.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment is required when performing the essential duties of this position.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of company meetings and events (safety luncheons) in support of the Vice President of Operations and Project Operations.
- Valid state driver’s license is required.
- Ability to meet the fitness for duty requirements as may be required of upstream clients is required.
- •Ability to uphold confidentiality of working in a C-Suite environment and work with the highest level of integrity and ethical standards
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- College level professional development course work and or non-accredited certificate course work commensurate with the essential duties.
- Five to ten years professional experience in the commercial construction industry with relative job experience commensurate with the essential duties of this position.
- Direct experience with increasing expertise in Microsoft Office Word and Excel applications.
- Direct experience with industry software platforms (e.g. Prolog®, Constructware®, and similar).
- Direct experience with Docusign®, Adobe®, Bluebeam®, and other similar software applications.
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Must possess professional written and verbal communications skills.
- Must demonstrate professional emotional intelligence and steadfast composure.
- Must have the ability to discern work assignment priorities and utilize independent thinking within the scope of authority the position.
- Must demonstrate commitment to performing duties in a safe manner within the scope of company policies, state and federal laws.
- Must demonstrate ability to work collectively with peers and in a manner supporting teamwork in the workplace.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively organize and manage information and processes as required with the position requirements.
- Must demonstrate commitment to company values.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of employees, vendors and suppliers. Must be able to fluently communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This position requires employees to work in an outdoor environment year-round; employees are required to perform required duties in an outdoor climate environment year-round.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in a construction site environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed outdoor weather climate, live construction site activities with moving equipment, various material products, and active personnel. The employee may be regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The work environment is in a live construction environment.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled
Hardworking And Dedicated