To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Patuxent River, MD 20670
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Junior Linux System Administrator
Scientific Research Corp • Patuxent River, MD
Posted 10 days ago
Other Great Industries
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Under general supervision, performs installations and upgrades, conducts day-to-day operational maintenance/backups, and provides support for applications, such as various Linux workstations and servers.
• Maintenance of operating systems, virtual machines, physical servers, and storage systems for these applications.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS REQUIRED:
• BS in relevant technical discipline strongly preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience considered
• 2 years' experience with network backup software, software installation, multi-platform compatibility and computer networking using NFS, NIS, DNS and Samba or systems of similar capability
• Active SECRET clearance -- or meet DoD clearance eligibility requirements
• Desired certifications include one or more of the following: Security+, CAP, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), CISSP, OSCP
• Experience performing administration on Linux-based client/server platforms
• Ability to perform trade off analysis in security related scenarios
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 5000478663206
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.