We're changing the way health care works for the better. That means consulting with our members, partnering with our physicians, and delivering drugs in the most efficient and effective way. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader. Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
As an Office Clerk, primarily responsibilities include the screen and distribution of incoming electronic faxes, working the service department admin box which includes pulling various requested correspondence from providers and members such as EOBs’/EOPs and check copies, vertexing claims, retrieving voicemails, working and responding to secure emails from providers and members as well as completing other various requests from both service advocates and leaders to ensure first call resolution for members and providers. Works independently with minimal supervision. Demonstrates schedule flexibility, such as available for overtime or ability to make shift changes. Solves routine problems by following established procedures, Works with others as part of a team, and works well in a fast pace environment.
- Monitor incoming electronic faxes and secure emails in Microsoft Outlook
- Send electronic faxes via Microsoft Outlook, responding to emails
- Sort letters and checking for errors; batching for mailing via the Distribution Center
- Working our admin box which includes printing and mailing correspondence to members and providers, vertexing claims for processing, and delegating escalations to the appropriate party
- Track fax volume by type daily; report monthly volume to Optum Medical Network Reporting Analyst
- Maintain compliance with turnaround times based on the member’s product, the type of request and the specific regulatory agency
- Perform general clerical tasks such as copying, printing, faxing, scanning and mailing
- Retrieving voicemails and assigning to the appropriate team for resolving
- Partnering with the service advocates and leaders to ensure offline tasks and customer requests are completed timely
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Experience using a computer and Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort / filter, and work within tables), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Must be able to type 30+ WPM
- 1+ year of customer service experience
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment such as copier, fax, and postage machine
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week Monday - Sunday between the hours of operation 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive VoiceResponse (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Office Clerk, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona