The Electrical Engineering Associate will support the Project Manager and Electrical team in performing, developing, managing, and reviewing engineering aspects of electrical infrastructure improvement projects. Assignments will involve working on a broad range of electrical distribution systems in transportation, highway, lighting system, wastewater, along with various commercial and industrial design type projects. You will leverage your engineering knowledge and skills in the preparation of engineering plans, one line diagrams, schematics diagrams, power distribution calculations, lighting design , technical specifications, and construction estimates and schedules. You will be supported by a successful management team and team of designers to advance your technical skills. The best part being an Electrical Engineering Associate at Michael Baker is that no two days will be the same. You will face different challenges every day.
- Essential functions will include the preparation of engineering drawings and documents.
- You will independently apply engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, including the performance of voltage drop, short circuit and illuminance calculations; power distribution diagrams; utility service coordination; protective relaying; arc flash hazard analysis, key interlocking, and grounding calculations.
- You will work directly with project leadership staff to scope projects and to identify and mitigate potential constructability or other design issues.
- On some days, you will make field visits to project sites to investigate and assess existing site conditions.
- You will feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping Michael Baker International provide innovative solutions to challenges, big and small, and Making a Difference for the clients and communities we serve!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years of progressive electrical design experience.
- Project experience with NJDOT, NJTA, Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is highly desirable.
- Professional Engineer’s license or the ability to obtain future licensure is required.
- Proficiency in engineering softwares such as CAD (Microstation and AutoCAD), lighting design (Visual and AGI32) and power systems analysis (SKM and ETAP).
- Knowledge of codes and standards such as NEC, NESC, IEEE, IES, and AASHTO lighting standards.
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal.
- To be successful, you will need to be bright, organized, and determined; you will also need to be able to build relationships with a wide variety of people and to eventually perform in a leadership role.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize competing project obligations, and to interface with multiple technical disciplines.
- Quickly get up to speed on our policy, procedures and relevant software while acquiring an understanding of the company’s service offerings, and the client’s standards and procedures relevant to your projects.
The salary range for this position is $81,400 - $100,000. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT AND OTHER INFORMATION
Michael Baker Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. As a covered federal contractor, Michael Baker International is required to comply with Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, and its implementing guidelines. This includes ensuring that all covered employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in limited circumstances when there is legal entitlement to an accommodation. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
- Auto Cad
- Electric Arc