LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at URL blocked - click to apply.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
DRS Infrared Sensors and Systems in Dallas, Texas specializes as a worldwide leader in thermal imagery and sensory solutions for commercial and military applications.
We are looking to add a new member to our Focal Plane Array team to help provide the vision and technical expertise necessary to drive our development activities needed to lead the industry in product capability and manufacturability.
We are looking for someone who can develop and/or improve processes in the Saw Process Area and who will consistently drive to push our processing technology and manufacturability beyond its current capability.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Must have "saw, dicing or singulation" experience for consideration for this role.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry or related technical field or equivalent of education and experience
- Experience: 5+ years
- Desire to win and ability to effectively integrate in with the team
- Self-motivated and focused on developing and successfully implementing the team’s vision and goals
- Strong general knowledge base of processes used to manufacture semiconductor devices.
- Experience with a variety of discing saws. ADT7200 experience a plus.
- Experience in developing dicing processes from start to release to manufacturing.
- Experience with tape mount systems and processes.
- Experience with demount systems and process.
- Expereince with working with outside vendors.
- Ability to write Operation Specifications for Equipment and Processes in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience with and understanding of the proper implementation and use of statistical process control techniques
- Experience with data collection and databases
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to document and communicate plans, experiments, progress, and results
- Experience in Project Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sustain current processes in the Saw Area of the Wafer Fab.
- Identify opportunities to improve current process in Saw Area of Wafer Fab, create and justify projects to address these opportunities, and execute these projects on time and within budget.
- Develop new processes in the Saw Area as needed based on inputs from the Project Managers, Product Engineers, Integration Engineers, and other customers.
- Work with outside vendors to develop outside sources for dicing.
- Create and maintain documentation relating to all projects responsible for including but not limited to project journals, periodic updates, and final reports.
- Create and update specifications to ensure ease of understanding and accuracy in processing to ensure manufacturability of the processes in the Saw Area and other areas as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Capable of lifting up to 25lbs, 20% of time
- Walking up to 25% of time
- Climbing up to 10% of time
- Bending up to 10% of time
- Sitting up to 75% of time
- Standing up to 10% of time
- Stooping up to 10% of time
- Travel up to 10% of time
- Office: Yes
- Light Manufacturing: Yes
- Heaving Manaufacturing: No
- Special Work Conditions; Clean Room Environment requiring wearing protective
- Coveralls, hoods and face masks. No make-up, perfume, or other scents allowed.
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS