To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- El Monte, CA 91731
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Operational Auditor
Kforce Finance and Accounting • El Monte, CA
Posted 19 days ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Senior Operational Auditor in El Monte, California (CA). Duties Include:
- Prepares high level flowcharts or control narratives, risk assessment and audit program of the audit area/function/department to determine the nature of the operations and the existence of sufficient internal controls used to achieve established objectives and minimize the risk exposure to the Bank
- Reviews, verifies and analyzes transactions, documents, records, and reports for accuracy, completeness and appropriateness
- Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control methods, policies, and procedures
- Determines that duties are performed in accordance with company policies, operating procedures, other management instructions, and regulatory requirements
- Determines that transactions are recorded promptly and accurately
- Determines that assets are safeguarded adequately
- Conducts interviews with appropriate company personnel to supplement assigned audit test
- Prepares professional work papers including supporting documentation for each audit issue identified
- Plans the audit including development of the risk assessment, high level process flows, internal control documentation, and the audit program
- Assigns segments of the program to assisting auditors
- Provides guidance to assisting auditors to ensure they conduct themselves in a professional manner
- Oversees staff assignments to ensure completion within established time budgets
- Immediately informs the Chief Internal Audit and/or Audit Manager of any conditions that may adversely impact the audit or the company's safety and soundness
- Reviews work papers prepared by assisting auditors for accuracy and completeness
- Prepares Exit Grid with findings and recommendations for the review and approval of the Audit Manager and Chief Internal Auditor
- BA/BS in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field
- Hold or be actively pursuing certification, such as CIA, CPA, CFSA, and/or CISA
- At least 3 years of audit experience, including at least 3 years in a financial service environment with increasing levels of responsibility
- Strong understanding of internal control theory and audit techniques, and a good understanding of computer assisted audit techniques
- Strong understanding of internal control theory and audit techniques
- Effective project management skills
- Strong analytical skills and a good understanding of computer assisted audit techniques
- Effective oral, written, and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to deal effectively with all levels of management
- Must be a team player
- Ability to perform assigned duties with minimum supervision
- Ability to travel, including occasional overnight and overseas assignments