Responsible for overseeing all underwriting functions of loans for the Branch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Hire, train and manage credit underwriting staff.
• Ensure that credit underwriting is done in a timely fashion and in compliance with all applicable underwriting criteria of the company.
• Work with other managers in the wholesale division and take lead role in development and implementation of department’s quality control program.
• Stay abreast of all changes and updates in credit underwriting and communicate same to appropriate staff and managers.
• Monitor volume of incoming applications and loans submitted for final underwriting review.
• Prioritize and distribute workload to achieve maximum efficiency.
• Offer expertise and guidance to underwriting staff regarding proper conditions and loan parameters for unusual or unprecedented loan scenarios.
• Function as liaison between underwriting department and all other departments.
• Understand and follow the Bayview Financial Company Tenets.
• Review underwriting decision appeals from sales or operations departments.