To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3639 Joy Road
Columbus, GA 31906
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Exide Technologies • Columbus, GA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Exide Technologies, in Columbus, GA, is seeking Manufacturing Engineers, intermediate to senior level, with experience in mechanical design coupled with machine controls and programming. The successful candidates must be self-starters with excellent problem solving, communication, and project management skills. Positions report to the Technical Services Manager.
We’re seeking candidates who are interested and willing to work on various shifts. Market competitive pay aligned with experience.Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties that include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Contribute to a team responsible for specifying, designing, acquiring, and validating manufacturing equipment and tooling.
- Interface with equipment suppliers and Operations to assure new machinery is built, integrated, delivered, and run-off to Exide’s controls and programming standards.
- Work with factory-level engineers and technicians to standardize controls and programming on legacy equipment.
- Work with equipment suppliers as Exide’s controls and programming point of contact from project inception through start of production to insure equipment validation is complete and comprehensive.
- Advise EHS, Operations, Engineering, and suppliers on OSHA-compliance and safe operating procedures for machinery and programming.
- Design, develop, and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, equipment layouts, and electrical schematics using drafting tools and computer-aided design (CAD)/drafting equipment and software.
- Recommend controls and programming modifications to eliminate machine and system malfunctions, minimize/eliminate operator errors, eliminate reoccurring equipment issues, increase efficiency, increase output, decrease set-up time, and decrease cost.
- Utilize lean concepts on projects throughout the plant to achieve goals.
Competencies, Skills, Knowledge:
- Demonstrate an ability to read, interpret, and create PLC programming, including Ladder Diagram (LD), Sequential Function Charts (SFC), Function Block Diagram (FBD), Structured Text (ST), and Instruction List (IL).
PC Software Knowledge:
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Windows based programs, AutoDesk CAD software (AutoCAD, Inventor, etc), MS Office, and MS Project.
- Strong Allen-Bradley software programming experience, including RSLogix 5000/Studio 5000 Logix Designer required
- Experience programming VFDs, HMIs, servo drives, robotics, and other controllers required
- Experience with the creation, administration, troubleshooting, and internal/external interface of Ethernet machine networks required
- Working knowledge of Inductive Automation’s Ignition software is a plus.
- Potential for exposure to lead, acid fumes, dirt, and noise. (Personal protective equipment and supplies are required and provided.)
- Work with internal and external customers to reduce warranty and achieve internal and external goals
- Able to work in manufacturing environment, standing, walking and lifting of equipment.
Required Experience & Education:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Industrial / Mechanical Engineering, or related field preferred.
- An intermediate engineer might have 3-5 years of equivalent experience with design, integration, programming, and troubleshooting complex automated control systems
- A senior engineer might have 6+ years of equivalent experience with design, integration, programming, and troubleshooting complex automated control systems
- 10+ years of equivalent experience plus technical certifications in lieu of degree will also be considered
- Battery industry experience is a plus.
Travel, additional requirements:
- Minimal travel for this position.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.About Exide
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.