Location: 900 BUILDING
Employment Status: FT
Responsible for the oversight of daily operations of PFS PatientAccounting functions relating to timely Billing and Collection functions,customer service and cash functions focusing on A/R improvement. Works in coordination with Access,Diagnostics, Accounts Receivable billing and collection management and supervisorsto set goals for improvement that have been approved by the PFS Director.Additional duties include oversight of Outsource companies used by PFSand work as a liaison on client accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manager will ensure operationalproficiency of assigned areas through effective communication, planning, andorganization of the function and resources available. Through leadership and periodic evaluation,the manger will work with his / her staff to accomplish the goals set forth bythe System, Department and Customer base of the System Entity and / orDepartment.
1. Maintains current procedures and guidelines to ensurecompetent delivery of services and appropriate routing of patients and financialand clinical records.
2. Maintains current policy and procedure manual for PFSPatient Accounts
3. Ensures accurate and timely completion of all financialand medical forms.
4. Ensuresaccurate and timely billing and collections.
5. Keeps informed of third party reimbursement policiesand collection laws.
- Establish monitoring techniques to assure compliance with company standards.
- Assure highest level of automation and technology by using all authorized resources.
- Promote interdepartmental communication and cooperation to enhance patient experience, transactions, business services’ effectiveness and performance.
9. Demonstrates effective leadership skills ofdelegation, organization, and coordination of intra-department activities and inter-departmentintegration.
10. Keeps current on leadership development for self andstaff.
11. Holds staff accountable to performance standards andset goals.
12. Keeps daily focus on A/R trends and action stepsneeded to keep A/R clean
13. Works with PFS billing supervisor on billing scrubberefficiency.
14. Works with PFS supervisors on improvedemployee/customer satisfaction.
15. Works with Follow-up/Denials supervisor on timelyfollow-up and payment.
16. Responsible forthe overall compliance of Human Resource and administrative policies andprocedures governing Lafayette General Medical Center with its objectives, withinthe proper lines of authority.
17. Responsible for the departmental policies andprocedures governing assigned departments.
18. Recognizes their role in successful andeffective Corporate Compliance program to assist the employee in upholding theCode of Conduct.
19. Promotes care activities in the accreditationand licensing processes administered by Joint Commission and State Boards. Promotes professional standards of care foraffiliated Boards.
20. Initiates, reviews, and approves justifiablerequests for new equipment; new and renewed programs, staffing, and othermatters that directly or indirectly affect patients, personnel, and the public.
21. Reviews monthly incident, activity, andproductivity reports for assigned areas, monitoring for emerging patterns andto provide applicable information to others.
24. Participates in administrative and/ormanagement staff, mandatory programs, and classes. Conduct department meetingsregularly. Keeps self-visible andaccessible to clinical, ancillary, and supervisory staff.
25. Actively participates on hospital committeesto promote integration and synergy of hospital wide goals.
26. Establishes and maintains membership inapplicable professional and/or technical organizations, health care relatedassociations and community groups. Participates in seminars, conferences, workshops, and continuingeducation programs
27. Inspiresconfidence by performing and communicating in a professional, courteous andcaring manner.
28. Encourages open, timely and candidcommunication, as well as collaboration among employees, Departments and physicians thus fosteringand maintaining positive working relationships.
29. Maintains confidentiality and is ethical inmanner when dealing with physicians, staff, patients and visitors
30. Responsible for organizing managing andcoordinating interdepartmental activities to maintain prompt, efficient,professional services.
31. Ensures that staff meets necessaryeducational, certification and license requirements for their position
32. Performspersonally (or through managers / supervisors) annual merit appraisals fortheir employees;monitors staff performance; provides direction, motivation and recognition ofstaff.
33. Assuresthat the area of responsibility provides an orientation and training programfor new hires of sufficient depth and duration to prepare them for theirresponsibilities.
34. Demonstrates the knowledge and skillsnecessary to provide care or support as appropriate to the age of the patientsserviced in his or her assigned areas.
35. Performsother related duties as assigned.
The abovestatement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe theprincipal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as adetailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in theposition.
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
2. Prior experience in management or documented capabilityin charge capacity for at least five (5) years.
3. MBA or MHA preferred.
4. CMPA preferred.
5. Computer literacy required.
Computer,Calculator, Copier/Fax Machine
PHYSICALDEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Thework is light. Sits and walks throughoutthe day.
2. Handlingoffice supplies and equipment.
3. Talkingand hearing to converse with staff members and other employees or visitors.
4. Visualacuity to prepare and read reports
5. Works inside.
Formal application;verification of education, and experience; verification of license(s),certification(s), registration(s), accreditation(s) if applicable; oralinterview, reference and background checks; job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of thevarious types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them fromthe position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreementbetween the Hospital/Clinic and the employee. The job description is subject to change as the needs of the Hospital/Clinicand requirements of the job change.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must comply with all SERVICE Standards of Behavior