To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC 20319
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Catering Director - Walter E. Washington Convention Center
Aramark • Washington, DC
Posted 7 days ago
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us onFacebook andTwitter.
The Walter E. Washington Convention Center, an extraordinary 2.3 million-square-foot conventions and meetings facility, is equipped to handle events of all sizes, from small groups and break-out meetings to events for 500 to 42,000 attendees. One of the most energy-efficient buildings for its size, the Convention Center includes a range of mixed-use exhibit spaces, 198,000 square feet of flexible meeting space with a total of 77 break-out rooms and the largest ballroom in the region. Whatever the size of the event, the service of the Convention Center staff is unparalleled.
We are currently seeking a Catering Director for the Aramark operations at Walter E. Washington Convention Center.
- Manage high volume catered food and beverage in all capacities of the convention center.
- Responsible for developing and executing catering solutions to meet customer needs.
- Plan, direct and control catering services year-round to meet operating and financial goals, client objectives and customer needs.
- Facilitate the delivery of prepared food created from an event-specific work order or in a room service environment.
- Deliver consistent quality in planning and execution of events.
- Leverage established company solutions to ensure consistency, quality and efficiency within consumer driven offerings.
- Manage catering team to ensure quality in final presentation of food.
- Responsible for the leadership development and training of catering managers.
- Train and manage all employees to ensure knowledge of food menus and promotional calendars.
- Use Aramark platforms to engage employees, manage performance and onboard new team members.
- Plan and execute team meetings and daily huddles.
- Complete and maintain all staff records including training records, schedules and performance data.
- Develop and maintain effective client and customer rapport for mutually beneficial business relationships.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service using Aramark's standard model.
- Implement communication strategy as provided by marketing team in order to build catering revenue.
- Responsible for delivering food and labor targets.
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve catering revenue forecasts.
- Responsible for executing catering events of varied size and scope, including staffing and management.
- Ensure accurate reporting of all catering related revenue, expenses, and receivables.
- Coordinate activities with other departments as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with Aramark food, occupational and environmental safety policies in all culinary and kitchen operations.
- Comply with all applicable policies, rules and regulations, including but not limited to those relating to safety, health, wage and hour.
- A focus on Customer Service that enhances overall experience with the intent of building relationships that will support business retention.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years food service management experience is required.
- Ability to manage in a fast-paced, diverse environment with focus on client and customer services, entrepreneurship and building and growing a strong business is essential.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is desirable.
- Candidate must be willing to be hands on with staff and operations and be willing to work event-based hours that include evenings and weekends.
- Experience in a union work environment and familiarity with collective bargaining agreements a plus.
- Multi-unit experience required.
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran