Job Summary: Responsible for overseeing the management of the revenue receipt posting. Administers and coordinates general office services and related activities. Supervises office support staff.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Implement and maintain general office systems, procedures and methods, directing a combination of
* Record retention
* Preparation and control of common and administration expense/budgets
* Office equipment inventory
2. Manage and coordinate office activities:
* Hire, train, and supervise branch support staff
* Manage general services, including purchasing of office supplies, mail distribution, office equipment
maintenance and repair, facility related issues
* Maintain contact with outside vendors and suppliers in regard to office and facility needs
* May perform or supervise general bookkeeping duties
3. Accounting activities:
Oversee the management of revenue receipt posting.
* Receive, match, verify and process accounts payable for proper entry. Coordinate with region ARC in cash
collection and proper posting of customer accounts receivables.
* Oversee the "check-in" of Route Salespeople to verify receipt of signed invoices and proper payment of
* Research items returned for credit by customers. Handle customer requests for invoice copies.
* Insure proper filing of invoices and administrative paperwork on a daily basis.
* "Key" off statements, so as to track invoices that may be missing from files, or misapplied to customer
* Oversee setting up new accounts, verifying client data and proper billing information, including resale tax
* Assist with resolving account errors, returned checks, credit charge backs, payment shortages, and other
* Oversee month end close items are completed by deadline provided by Corporate
4. Gather, organize and summarize data and information for reports to management.
5. Initiate and support the continual improvement of LKQs' quality improvement system.
6. Assumes other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications (Minimum Required Experience, Education, Knowledge/Skills/Abilities, Essential Physical Demands):
Education & Experience: High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent required. 3 to 5 years of experience in general office management experience. Have prior accounting related experience.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must demonstrate good interpersonal and telephone communication skills. Demonstrate basic understanding of elementary bookkeeping. Must be able to work in cooperation with others. Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments. Must be able to communicate effectively with others. Must have the flexibility to work variable schedules, including weekends.
Machines, Equipment, and Software: Computer, 10-key calculator, multi-user telephone system, copier, fax machine, and Microsoft Office software.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment: Must have the ability to work under conditions of frequent interruptions and be attentive to details. Must be able to be patient with other, have the ability to listen, and be able to work under pressure comfortably.
Preferred Qualifications: § College coursework preferred. § Previous supervisory experience preferred.