To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Patuxent River, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Engineering Technician II
PAE • Patuxent River, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldEngineering Technician II
Duties; General Functions;Experience, Skills, Requirements, and Information:
: This position provides aircraft instrumentation and wiring support to the Air Vehicle Modification and Instrumentation Facility located at the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division, Patuxent River, MD. The Wiring Technician must have the technical knowledge to demonstrate a practical application of aircraft wiring procedures. The ability to perform soldering and knowledge of tools and equipment required to perform required functions. This position receives technical guidance, as required from supervisor or higher level-technician. Work is reviewed for specific compliance with accepted practices and work assignments.
The Engineering Technician II performs the following functions and duties:
- Provides maintenance services in the installation, maintenance, calibrations, testing, and troubleshooting of aircraft instrumentation.
- Perform repairs, fabrication, modification and installation of electrical wiring harnesses, cables, wires, wiring assemblies, and associated parts.
- Receive traveler and review the drawings.
- Make labels, bag and tag items.
- Provide QA items for inspection.
- Package items to be delivered to customer.
- Performs assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed.
- Receives initial instructions, equipment requirements, and advice from supervisor or engineer as needed.
- Preflight, post flight various VX-23 platforms (F18, T45, EA6B) as well as flight test pods (ICAP III, DRODI, ReRad) and ground support equipment (test carts, DRODI vans)- COMSEC duties with secret data handling - Wire various instrumentation packages - Wire various VX-23 platforms and pods; follow VX-23 and AVMI processes and procedures. - May perform camera work (DRS with harbour cable as well as the new TTC Ethernet cameras)
- All candidates will be required to pass a Drug Screening
- Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license
Working hours are 0530 to 1500 or 0600-1530. Sometimes need to work flex working hours. Sometimes need to work overtime.
- Obtain and maintain a Non-Aircrew Cockpit Systems (NACS) qualification
- Experience working on Aircraft - Conscientious while working on aircraft and hangar deck with regard to Safety, FOD, Tool Control, etc- Desired familiarity with CONDOR 1553 bus simulizer, TTC recorder formatter, MCDAU's, and CDAU's
- A minimum of 2 years of experience
- The candidate for this position must be knowledgeable and demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Validate data system wiring to drawings
- Install/modify data system wiring in aircraft
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Basic Computer skills focusing on Excel
- Ability to work well with people
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Successful completion of technical school, trade school, or advanced armed services technical school curriculum or course in electricity, electronics, avionics, mechanics, armaments/ordnance, or engineering technology; or completion of at least 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) of courses at an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical curriculum.
o U S Citizenship required
o Must be able to obtain and maintain a US DoD Secret Security clearance throughout employment.
Our benefits and perks include:
o Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
o Tuition and training assistance program
o Wellness program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
o Paid vacation and sick leave & 10 Paid Holidays
o Mobile phone service discount / Discounted Gym Memberships
o Conditions may vary. Vision abilities needed to perform this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus. Most work performed in enclosed buildings (hangers) or on aircraft where bending and being and squeezing in tight spaces is necessary. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting, bending, kneeling, climbing and reaching. Must be capable of lifting 50, 50-100 lbs. assisted by other employees.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.