Emerson has an opening for a Business Development Manager to support our portfolio of Level Measurement products within the western United States. This is a field position, so the location is somewhat flexible, but there is a strong preference for the candidate to be based out of the Denver metropolitan area. You will be part of a larger team of Business Development Managers located across the United States all with a common goal to be the “technical backstop” for our direct sales channel ensuring the best possible experiences for our customers. A commitment to customer satisfaction is the number one priority for this position. The products in our Level portfolio are especially diverse and require deep technical understanding to ensure the right technologies are chosen to meet the constraints of the intended application. You can expect to be continually challenged, yet well-supported by the team and by other company resources. This is a cohesive team committed to exceptional performance, yet still finds plenty of opportunity to have fun! This is a remote position
AS A BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER YOU WILL:
- Area Product Sales Leadership.
- Assists in providing training to various sales channels to ensure levels of product/application expertise exist.
- Communicate and facilitate implementation of business unit sales strategies within a sales area. Participate in project pursuit and account penetration planning and execution.
- Provide direction on target accounts based on business unit segmentation strategies.
- Provide input on salesperson product knowledge and sales performance.
- Support local trade show participation.
- Maintain and communicate knowledge of competitors, strategies, and products.
- Suggest appropriate sales and service staffing levels to implement divisional strategies.
- Product Line Planning.
- Provide feedback to divisions on products.
- Provide input to decisions on product competitiveness.
- Suggest new products and/or enhancements to existing products.
- Coordinate new product field testing within the assigned area.
- Coordinate new product introductions and training.
- Strategic Planning Input.
- Coordinate factory resources needed for the area.
- Provide input on major competitor strategies within the assigned area.
- Identify regional market opportunities for measurement products.
- Contribute to market segment definition and establishment of business unit position within a segment. Communicate and support business unit strategies within the area.
- Provide ongoing feedback on the success of strategy implementation.
- Participates in forecasting activities and maintains responsibilities for achieving established sales goals.
- Monitor pricing and discounting.
- Monitor customer satisfaction levels and provide specific recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure divisional quality plans are understood and followed.
- Develop and provide measures that provide information on company performance in the area.
- Be the voice of our customers and our salespeople ensuring their needs are well-understood by the portfolio managers.
- Develop the trust of the salespeople you support as well as their regional managers.
- Be the subject matter expert within your territory for our entire portfolio of Level Measurement products.
- Train and mentor new salespeople.
- Deliver training as new products are launched.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for customers.
- Participate in regional meetings within your territory.
- Assist salespeople with strategic account planning.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of what the competition is doing.
WHO YOU ARE:
When you can find your own resources to address challenges, you do that. You listen respectfully and attentively to others, working cooperatively with larger teams to achieve common goals. You have the courage to speak your mind even when you anticipate there will be dissent. You instill trust by keeping commitments, being honest, and being genuine.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- BS in Engineering or Technical discipline
- Seven (7) years of industry experience; four (4) of which in sales or marketing
- The position requires travel, up to 60%
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Excellent presentation skills
- Capability to create presentation materials
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience with instrumentation, especially Level Measurement
- Experience with heavy industry e.g. Power & Refining
- Experience with Food & Beverage and Life Sciences
Our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay a competitive base salary, within the local market in which we operate, and reward performance during the annual merit review process. In accordance with Colorado EPEWA, the pay range for this role is $78,000 - $119,000 plus a bonus opportunity annually, commensurate with the skills, talent, capabilities, and experience each candidate brings to this role.
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. [ Link removed ]
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual and family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We also provide you with flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: [ Link removed ] .
Emerson is a leading global technology, software, and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
We help customers in the world’s most essential industries solve the biggest challenges of modern life. Every day, our global workforce fulfills our unified Purpose and lives out the Values we hold close as an organization: Integrity, Safety & Quality, Support Our People, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration, and Innovation.
Our Causes – Planet, Humanity, Champion, Inclusion and Future – shape, define and fuel Emerson’s culture while inspiring our innovative spirit and driving our focus.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find opportunities with us. Join our team and start your journey today!
No calls or agencies please.
- Target Accounts
- Business Development
- Account Planning
- Competitor Analysis
- Strategic Thinking