Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Sales Associate Role Description- Factory
The Sales Associate role defines the customer's experience at Coach. The Sales Associate creates energy and excitement as it relates to the product and the brand and builds strong, lasting relationships by providing service and selling skills that WOW the customer. The Sales Associate delivers exceptional customer service by treating each customer like a guest in their own home.
Service and Selling
* Using the 7 Service Commitments as the foundation for creating the service environment
* Greeting and engaging customers with a smile while creating energy and excitement
* Introducing yourself to customer/crowd by name in a comfortable and friendly way
* Selling to an audience by looking around and maintaining eye contact with all individuals in the group
* Soliciting questions from groups of customers
* Providing accurate price explanations
* Maintaining open body language facing the largest part of the store
* Continuously learning brand and product information
* Communicating features, benefits, price, & commitment to quality
* Asking open/closed-ended lifestyle questions to determine customers' product needs
* Tailoring service and selling approach to the individual needs of the customer
* Building the sale based on customers' needs
* Protecting the customer experience and ensuring customer satisfaction
* Creating customer loyalty by staging future visits
* Knowing store and individual productivity goals
* Closing the sale and reinforcing the purchase decision
* Introducing e-mail campaign and encouraging customers to share contact information
* Being aware of customer and store environment, recognizing when to engage and when to break away
* Working productively in a team environment
* Team selling with other associates
* Communicating effectively with team and Service Leader, using verbal and non-verbal communication
* Staying in assigned zone and communicating with Service Leader or Operations Leader if/when zone needs additional coverage
* Taking ownership for store environment by maintaining visual and replenishment standards
* Maintaining a positive demeanor even when faced with difficult situations
* Creating an upbeat, energetic environment, while maintaining open body language
* Maintaining awareness of what is happening in the zone (LP)
Demonstrates the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Attitudes:
* Takes initiative to improve self and others
* Willingness to work with multiple customers in a fast paced environment
* Active listening skills
* Speaks audibly to sell to crowds
* Functional knowledge of Coach product and Coach policies
* Constantly seeks knowledge of pricing, current promotions, local tax rates
* Able to effectively read cues of customers and employees
* Able to work as part of a team
* Able to communicate features and benefits relevant to the needs of the customer
* Able to break away during peak times
* Able to create energy and excitement with customers
* Able to build relationships with customers and team members
Our Competencies for All Employees
* Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
* Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
* Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
* Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
* Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
* Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
* Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
* Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
* Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
* Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Req ID: 87109
- Active Listening
- Body Language
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Experience