To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sierra Vista, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Cyber Security Incident Handler, SME
Chenega Corporation • Sierra Vista, AZ
Posted 1 month ago
Experience - 8 years
Degree - High School
Other Great Industries
Manufacturing, Professional Services
CHENEGA IT ENTERPRISE SERVICES, LLC Company Job Title: Sr. Cyber Security Incident Handler, SME Clearance: TS/SCI Location: Fort Huachuca, Arizona Reports To: Program Manager FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time, Regular Summary: This Sr. Cyber Security Incident Handler, SME will be responsible for the application of processes and incident response procedures consistent with DoDD O-8530.1; NIST 800 series, specifically, NIST 800-61, Rev2 “Computer Security Incident Handling Guide” and NIST 800-86 “Guide to Integrating Forensic Techniques into Incident Response” and any other controls and tools (e.g. Hercules VMS, SCCM, HBSS, McAfee and Symantec antivirus) that are applicable to information and network system security Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Act as an Incident Commander for high impact cyber breaches and advanced attacks in accordance with Cyber Kill Chain methodology and incident response process.
- Responsible for conducting various incident response activities
- Understand Incident Response processes and participate in analysis, containment, and eradication of cyber security events and incidents.
- Conduct malware analysis and identification of Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) to evaluate incident scope and associated impact
- Utilize analytic experience to address cyber-attacks and mitigate indicators and correlations to identify attribution and potential threat and impact
- Enhance workflow and processes driving incident response and mitigation efforts
- Execute the Incident Response Lifecycle to drive threat remediation and identify strategic countermeasures improving future defenses
- Perform analysis of logs from various security controls, including, but not limited to, firewall, proxy, host intrusion prevention systems, endpoint security, application and system logs, to identify possible threats to network security.
- Analyze security events in partnership with other support organizations to counteract malicious activity detected on the network.
- Assist in conducting both Internet and conventional research to complete technical analysis and testing.
- Assist in researching security events using complex technical and analytical tools and methods to protect customer information systems and networks.
- Implement methods and tools that support Computer Network Defense Service Provider Program (CNDSP) operations in support of the customer's mission.
- Analyze security events using approved tactics, techniques, tools and procedures.
- Elevate security events for further investigation.
- Provide input for security incident reports.
- Perform intermediate-level risk analyses tasks, which also includes risk assessment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years’ experience; OR Associates Degree and 10 years of experience; OR High School Diploma and 12 years’ experience
- Experience as an Cybersecurity/Information Assurance professional.
- IT Level I; CSSP-IR; GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA), GIAC Certified Incident Handler, and IAT Level II Baseline Certification; Computing Environment Cert; ITIL Foundations certified (within 3 months)
- TS/SCI clearance required
- Leadership and self-direction skills are highly desired.
- Knowledgeable of Security/Information Assurance (IA) products such as PKI, VPN, firewalls, and intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- Ability to provide on-call support 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Ability to solve complex problems utilizing creative thinking skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to critically analyze and understand the systems and communicate system requirements to the customer and leadership.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to meet eligibility requirements of a government security clearance for access to classified information
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Job ID: 1800003219
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.