As a Tool Install Structural Designer, you will be part of a fast-paced team focused on providing the structural requirements for installing tools used to manufacture semiconductor wafers, including designing pedestals, equipment anchorage, and utility supports. Working with other engineers and designers of our multi-discipline team, you’ll convey structural requirements to the construction team through traditional 2D paper deliverables. You will work closely with clients and construction trade partners as you develop concepts and coordinate designs to consider existing conditions and other disciplines.
You will be responsible for managing your own workload, making and keeping your own commitments, and taking full ownership of your product. You will be given as much responsibility as you are willing to take, and your opportunities for career growth will be limited only by your own motivation, capabilities, and attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be proficient in AutoCAD.
- Create conceptual structural plans based on verbal direction or rough sketches.
- Coordinate work with related disciplines to resolve problems and avoid clashes.
- Focus on quality, checking your own work to ensure conformance with established structural standards, project standards, and project delivery processes.
- Take complete ownership of their portion of the structural scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- Delegates to junior staff when appropriate.
- Coach and/or mentor junior designers.
- Provide quality reviews of documents prepared by others to assure design and project standards are met.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of drafting/design experience in the Structural field
- Minimum of 1 year of AutoCAD design experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Drafting or equivalent
- 1 year of Revit experience
- Experience with traditional steel and concrete structures
- Experience in semi-conductor industrial or general industrial facilities
- Experience with Navisworks and Bluebeam
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
- Autodesk Revit
- Interpersonal Skills
- Computer Aided Design
- Verbal Communication