To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Special Events
Hilton Corporate • US-Nationwide
Posted 1 month ago
***This position will be remote based***
Hilton's Commercial Services organization is comprised of over 5,000 team members driving our sales, revenue management, call center, and analytics functions. These functions are the core of Hilton's commercial engine and are key to Hilton's ability to drive profitable growth.
What will I be doing?
Are you passionate about strategizing and planning event details? As a Special Events Manager, you are responsible for handling both internal Hilton conferences, as well as events as listed in the Hilton Customer Engagement Plan. Each event you work on will require extensive preparation from research, design, planning, coordinating and evaluating. In planning for each event, you will work with business partners and stakeholders to understand their objectives, messaging, requirements, budget, and suggested dates and timelines in order to plan the scope of the event. You will prepare reports such as event briefs, budgets, critical path, Request For Proposals (RFPs), surveys and debrief documents. For customer events, you will be working closely with the Business to Business (B2B) Marketing team to drive messaging and relevant elements of Purpose in each event. The types of events planned include: Conferences, Tradeshows, Customer Advisories, Customer Events, Sales Meeting and Incentive Programs. For internal events, you will be working closely with Owner Relations team, Brand teams, Corporate Communications, Global Leaders, Hilton Supply Management, Hotel partners, Convention Centers and Agency partners. These events include large conventions of up to 4000 people, Vendor Showcases/Trade Shows with multiple General Sessions, learning tracks, off site events and meal functions.
More specifically, you will:
Handle events from conception to planning and execution. This includes participating in the strategic planning process for meetings and events.
- Identify event objectives and construct initial budgets and return on investment measurement. You will handle the selection of vendor sourcing, management and supervision.
- Handle budget, track and report expenditures, and reconcile event billing. This will include monitoring timelines for multiple events, including sponsorship deliverables, payment schedules, and communication deadlines.
- Align with Hilton Travel and Entertainment (T&E) policy (or Strategic Meetings Management Programs - SMMP policy) for event compliance.
- Run tradeshow booth creation and set-ups. This includes constructing event websites and registration sites via Cvent and other vendors.
- Liaise with American Express (Amex) on group event travel. This will include collaborating with Hilton partners on event messaging and promotion as well as working with B2B to execute.
- Review event communication (invitations, emails) for information accuracy and branding/messaging. This includes leading event planning calls throughout the entirety of the event lifecycle.
- Along with Technology and Communication manager, recommend and manage registration, mobile app solutions, communication plan including hosting pre-event webinars
- Source and contract hotel, convention center, DMC, Agency partner, transportation, entertainment, speakers
- Manage VIP logistics
- Manage Food and Beverage events, menu selection, tasting
- Manage photography and or video
- Manage post event survey
- Travel for site selections, pre-planning meetings and to handle the event.
- Manage large scale conferences including Trade Show/Supplier Showcase components
- Working across multiple disciplines including internal and external stakeholders to achieve meeting objective
- Working with event vendors including creative agencies, AV companies, DMC companies
- Experience with executive committee (C-suite) presentations, collaboration, and managing a project in a matrix organization.
- Multi-tasks in a dynamic environment
- Organized and meets deadlines with attention to detail and process as well as possesses strategic-planning skills
- Excellent listening skills both in person and by phone, with high integrity
- Excellent written communication skills
- Able to work independently while being able to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Ability to learn online tools such as Survey Monkey and Cvent Registration
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Six (6) years of professional working experience planning meetings for large (1000+ attendees) corporate events, conferences, tradeshows or incentives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- 50% travel within the Americas
- Proficiency with lifting and moving heavy boxes during tradeshows and events and standing for long periods of time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!