The Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Program both administratively and operationally. Administratively, by supporting the Facility Medical Director, VP of Operations, Regional Medical Director, TH provider staff, and by working with hospital administration to ensure all needs are being met.
Operationally, by accurately identifying, and accounting for each patient seen in the hospital by the hospitalist physicians. The Program Coordinator is responsible for obtaining, reconciling and forwarding all required documents of each in-patient medical record to the Base Pointe Billing Center. Upon completion of preparing each batch, the Program Coordinator will maintain accurate data to report the number of records being sent and specific key measures from those visits. Additionally, he/she will work with the facility to gather key facility metric data for dashboards. The individual in this position is required to perform to productivity standards and meet target goals as outlined by the Program Coordinator supervisor.
- The Program Coordinator has the responsibility to carry out duties as directed by Team Health.
- The Program Coordinator shall communicate on a regular basis with the designated Team Health supervisor.
- The Program Coordinator will follow and maintain patient confidentiality appropriate with HIPAA compliance standards at all times
- Will access hospital information systems, or work with facility staff to procure patient demographic and insurance data to ensure correct billing information and updates are sent to the billing center.
- Coordinate completion of all clinical documentation from physicians; and proactively work with medical director to ensure complete documentation and signatures.
- Alert supervisor and seek assistance from Team Health when an activity or process change at the facility changes or deviates from the current process.
- Achieve and maintain individual target goals for the facility as designated by the supervisor.
- Maintain professional appearance and performance at all times.
General knowledge of the medical record process, with a least one-year experience in a hospital or physician office setting with an understanding of patient registration and medical documents is preferred. Clerical and reconciliation experience as well as the ability to maintain record keeping.
- BA or equivalent job experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Ability to work independently with speed and accuracy
- Detailed oriented with efficient time management abilities
- Excel and word proficient
Cooperative, positive, courteous and professional behavior and conduct is an essential function of every position. All employees must be able to work with others beyond giving and receiving instructions. This includes getting along with coworkers, peers and management without exhibiting behavior extremes. Job functions may require personal leadership skills such as conflict resolution, negotiating, instructing, persuading, speaking with others as well as responding appropriately to job performance feedback from the supervisor. Additionally, the information contained in this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.