Position: IT Audit Analyst
Location: Vienna, VA
Duration: Contract to Perm
Support a Federal Agency to identify and remediate security threats and incidents. Review internal and external IT assessments, work with government and contract staff to identify root causes associated assessment results, develop plans to address underlying issues, work with contract technical SMEs to ensure execution of plans, and provide artifacts in support of closure of the plans.
- Review audit reports and coordinate audit remediation efforts between government and contract.
- Coordinate with contract staff on the development and execution of corrective actions plans.
- Assess solutions to ensure that identified underlying issues within audit findings are addressed.
- Coordinate with contract technical SMEs to provide artifacts for completed corrective action plans
- Coordinate with contract technical SMEs staff to escalate vulnerabilities identified through the development of corrective action plans.
- Five (5) or more years of IT consulting and/or industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Management, Accounting, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related business or IT disciplines
- Ability to work independently, under general guidance
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing environment and deadlines to provide a consistent level of service
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Rudimentary understanding of network topology and exposure to applications and elements of network devices
- Familiarity with NIST 800-53 rev4
- Familiarity with FISMA and the Risk Management Framework
- Possess a professional certification such as CISSP, CISA, CIA, or Security+
- Experience drafting or reviewing IT-related policy and procedure documents is strongly desired
- Experience working as a Federal Civilian government contractor
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Certified Information Security Manager
Federal Information Security Management Act
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 962269
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WHAT WE DO:
Apex Systems is a division of the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in North America. From consulting to staff augmentation, we connect top tech talent with great companies in all industries.
Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing™ Client Diamond and Talent Awards for providing superior service to clients and job seekers, putting the company in the top 2 percent of all U.S. staffing agencies.
SUPPORTING OUR CONTRACT EMPLOYEES:
We take the time to understand a candidate’s talents and needs to ensure a good match with companies for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Each recruiter within Apex is focused on a specific skill area within infrastructure, applications, and project management. This focused discipline enables our local recruiters to work directly with our candidate’s and focus their talent on the right position at the right time.
WHO OUR CUSTOMERS ARE:
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a wide variety of industries, including communications, energy, financial services, government services, healthcare, technology, and utilities.
WHERE WE ARE:
Apex has branches in over 70 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 1,000 employees dedicated to supporting the needs of our clients and contract team members. Visit www.apexsystems.com to find a local branch or connect with an Account Manager or Recruiter.
View the full profile