To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hamilton Township, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Michael Baker International • Hamilton Township, NJ
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
CIVIL & ENVIRONMENTAL PRACTICE
Michael Baker International’s civil engineering professionals manage and staff active projects in over 40 countries on five continents. Services are provided for a broad range of projects and capabilities, including highways, airports, bridges, rail and transit systems, government and commercial facilities, water and wastewater infrastructure, oil and gas infrastructure, and commercial/urban development. Our fields of expertise span all areas of civil engineering and include an extensive variety of specialty disciplines, such as environmental compliance and restoration, coastal engineering, urban development, and mining.
The Highway Engineer is responsible for civil roadway design and analysis of civil engineering and infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, and airports. You will leverage your engineering knowledge and skills to prepare basic studies, construction documents, drawing, maps, reposts and supporting documentation and calculations. Depending on your experience, you may have the opportunity to instruct entry level engineers and interns in CADD techniques, standards, and processes.
- The best part being a Highway Engineer in Michael Baker’s Hamilton office is that no two days will be the same. You will face different challenges every day, some of which will be extraordinarily complex.
- Most days will be spent in the office preparing quantities and construction cost estimates, technical reports and construction drawings as well as coordinating with technicians to ensure timely and accurate document and drawing preparation.
- On some days, you will make field visits to project sites to investigate, record, and photograph local conditions.
- You will feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping Michael Baker International provide innovative solutions to transportation challenges, big and small, and Making a Difference for the clients and communities we serve!
- You’ll need a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, and 6 to 8 years of related highway design experience for transportation clients including NJDOT, NJTA, NYSDOT, NYCDOT, DRJTBC, and/or PANYNJ.
- You will need a Professional Engineer’s license in NJ.
- To be successful, you’ll need to be bright, organized, and determined; you’ll also need to be able to build relationships with a wide variety of people. You will need the ability to multitask and prioritize competing project obligations.
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential to long term success in this role.
- You’ll need to be able to quickly get up to speed on our policy, procedures and relevant software while acquiring an understanding of the company’s service offerings, and the client’s standards and procedures relevant to your projects.
- Naturally, you’ll need computer skills (Microsoft Office), with the ability to utilize CAD software like AutoCAD and MicroStation and be proficient in Civil Engineering software like Bentley’s InRoads.
- It would be a plus if you already know how to uses some of the software above.