To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- La Salle, IL 60557
- Unimin Corporation
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Plant Logistics Coordinator
Covia Holdings Corporation • La Salle, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Covia is a leading supplier of minerals and material solutions to the industrial and energy markets. The formation of Covia in 2018 is the most recent of many significant milestones in our shared history. Built from the merging of Fairmount Santrol and Unimin Corporation, Covia's rich legacy includes many achievements across industries and capital success through partnership. Our ability to deliver the right product, to the right place, at the right time, is unmatched. Just as strong is our commitment to building partnerships that help our customers succeed.
Quality and innovation are at the foundation of Covia; but our real strength is our people. Covia employs a diverse and highly-skilled team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered solutions for our customers. Every member of our team has a valuable opportunity to help shape our future and make a positive impact on the world around us through our commitment to the locations where we live and work.
Covia is looking for a dynamic Plant Logistics Coordinator who will have a positive impact on the Operations team at its Wedron Silica location.
The successful incumbent will have the following Key Accountabilities:
- Proof, monitor and revise daily Railcar Bill of Lading (BOL's)/Pull Lists sent by the plant in preparation for the Illinois Railway to proceed with pulling railcars from the Wedron plant.
- Track and trace railcars using RailConnect program.
- Work directly with Senior Production Planner, Plant Manager, and Illinois Railway in regards to Unit Trains.
- Prepare and maintain Excel spreadsheets detailing all Unit Train shipments (daily) in preparation for departure from Wedron plant.
- Produce Word documents and Excel spreadsheets.
- Enter pertinent data from Bill of Ladings (BOL`s) to provide billing and availability of railcars.
- Tracking/tracing railcars utilizing Steelroads, Envision, and RailConnect.
- Prepare email correspondence to terminals and direct ship customers providing details relating to shipments that have left Wedron on a daily basis.
- Maintaining accurate records, document filing.
- Provide assistance to Wedron Facilities as they are assigned.
The successful incumbent will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be willing to work nights and/or weekends as assigned.
- 3 - 5 years Transportation/ Logistics experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills; strong communications skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and business systems capabilities.
- Strong working knowledge in a computer-based material management system, JD Edwards experience preferred.
- Excellent Healthcare Benefits - medical, vision, dental
- 401K with company matching and fixed annual contributions
- Vacation + Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance
- Disability, Life / AD&D, and Long Term Care Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
At Covia, we strive for and support a diverse workforce as we firmly believe this lays the foundation of our success. Our compelling culture supports inclusion, individuality and respect within the workplace. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, or military service or reserve or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer