Apex Systems Inc., is immediately seeking a Cyber Action Officer who is a self-starter, highly organized, is comfortable speaking with high ranking military personnel, and has a strong drive for quality. This position will support one of our highly regarded clients in the government arena, and offer a strong upside for growth.
Client: Enterprise Government Integrator
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Compensation: Competitive based on years of relevant experience
Clearance: Able to maintain an active TS/SCI Clearance with the DOD
Provides network operations and cyber defense support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) in support of the DoD and CoCOMs
- Maintain situational awareness of cyber activity by reviewing DoD, Intelligence Community and open source reporting for new vulnerabilities, malware or other threats that have the potential to impact the DoDIN.
- Serve as a lead for planning, coordination, implementation, validation, mitigation, and compliance of cyber security tasks.
- Prepare and present senior level briefings to share information and status.
- Build relationships with DISA POC’s and other military/agency affiliates that interact daily
- Resolve problems with functionality or performance.
- Prepare orders for staffing and release and serve as main POC for inquiries and communications after order release.
- Support mission-critical Continuity of Operations (COOP).
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8+ years of overall related experience; or Master’s Degree 4+ years; OR 4 years of additional experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent)
- Must be open to obtaining a CEH within 180 days of employment
- Proficient understanding of Cyber Network Defense (CND) in regards to protect, detect, respond and sustain within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth.
- Must have prior experience with executive level briefings to include senior level leadership & high ranking military POCs
- Compiling reports from multiple elements, making sense of the data, syncing the numbers up, and then formally & informally briefing large & small groups.
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Experience in intelligence driven defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain (CKC) methodology; knowledge of Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) and other cyber threat modeling frame works.
- Familiarization with STIGs process and structure
- Knowledge of the DoD orders process
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Training And Development
Senior Professional In Human Resources
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 969363
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WHAT WE DO:
Apex Systems is a division of the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in North America. From consulting to staff augmentation, we connect top tech talent with great companies in all industries.
Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing™ Client Diamond and Talent Awards for providing superior service to clients and job seekers, putting the company in the top 2 percent of all U.S. staffing agencies.
SUPPORTING OUR CONTRACT EMPLOYEES:
We take the time to understand a candidate’s talents and needs to ensure a good match with companies for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Each recruiter within Apex is focused on a specific skill area within infrastructure, applications, and project management. This focused discipline enables our local recruiters to work directly with our candidate’s and focus their talent on the right position at the right time.
WHO OUR CUSTOMERS ARE:
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a wide variety of industries, including communications, energy, financial services, government services, healthcare, technology, and utilities.
WHERE WE ARE:
Apex has branches in over 70 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 1,000 employees dedicated to supporting the needs of our clients and contract team members. Visit www.apexsystems.com to find a local branch or connect with an Account Manager or Recruiter.
View the full profile