To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bethesda, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
ISE Law Enforcement Advisor
Perspecta • Bethesda, MD
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We’re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let’s make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categoriesResponsibilities
• Provide subject matter expertise on state and local (S&L) law enforcement issues to advance the mission of the ODNI among federal, state, local, and tribal (FSLT) governments through interaction and collaboration with appropriate mission partners.
• Plan, develop, and implement information sharing strategies with S&L partners consistent with the mission and vision of the ODNI and appropriate national strategies, plans, and orders.
• Advise the Government and support the advancement of key information sharing projects to ensure interagency coordination and compliance with policy, legislation, and appropriate authorities.
• Provide subject matter expertise regarding fusion center activities with extensive knowledge of relevant laws, policies, and regulations (e.g. 28 Code of Federal Regulations Part 23, Criminal Intelligence System, operating procedures, etc.).
• Coordinate and liaise, as appropriate, with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Bureau of Investigation, and other partner agencies and associated professional organizations on issues impacting the National Strategy for Information Sharing and Safeguarding Priority Objectives.
• Coordinate development, implementation, and evaluation of the Information Sharing Environment (ISE) with FSLT and private sector partners, as appropriate.
• Take meeting notes as required.
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD. Minimum clearance
• At least ten (10) years within a law enforcement agency/department.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to express complex and at times controversial ideas, explanations, and concepts in a manner appropriate for the audience (one-on-one, small groups and large audiences).
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, including a superior ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team or collaborative environment, and sustain professional networks both internal and external to the ODNI. Ideal candidate will also possess:
• Experience working closely with national law enforcement organizations/associations, such as the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), National Fusion Center Association (NFCA), Association of State Criminal Investigative Agencies (ASCIA), High Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas (HIDTAs), Regional Information Sharing System (RISS), etc.
• Advanced understanding of strategy and policy development, training, and project management related to information and intelligence sharing at the FSL level.
• Expert knowledge of fusion center operations to include policies and procedures.