Sabre Systems is seeking highly motivated individuals that can support research, development, maturation, procurement, integration, training, support and sustainment of cyber resilient and full spectrum cyber warfighting capabilities for platforms, weapons, sensors, communications and networks, computing systems, mission systems, support equipment, logistics and maintenance systems and ashore and afloat enterprise systems. These solutions are needed to support all phases of acquisition programs, operational field demonstrations, prototyping, experiments, operational assessments, extended user evaluations, and fleet/force deployments. Sabre Systems is currently seeking a Computer Programmer II to support one of our customers at Patuxent River Naval Station. The selected applicant will work directly with our government customer(s), military personal and other contractor(s). The selected applicant will perform routine programming assignments that require knowledge of established programming procedures and processing requirements. The selected applicant will:
- Maintain and modify routine programs, make approved changes by amending program flow charts, develop detailed processing logic, and coding changes, test and document modifications and write operator instructions, may write routine new programs using prescribed specifications, and may confer with EDP personnel to clarify procedures, processing logic, etc.
- Evaluate simple interrelationships in the immediate programming area confers with user representatives to gain an understanding of the situation sufficient to formulate the needed change, and implement the change upon approval of the supervisor or higher level staff as needed.
- Review objectives and assignment details with higher level staff to insure thorough understanding.
- Use judgment in selecting among authorized procedures and seek assistance when guidelines are inadequate, significant deviations are proposed, or when unanticipated problems arise.
- Ensure all work is reviewed upon completion for accuracy and compliance with standards.
- A High School diploma or GED, and three (3) years' experience including software design and development and one (1) year programming experience is required.
- The selected applicant must have, or be working towards, the Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) certification.
- In lieu of a CSDP certification, other vendor or platform specific certifications may be considered (i.e. Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Sun Certified Professional (SCP), Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP), CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), other).
- The selected applicant must have an Active DoD Top Secret Clearance or recently held a Top Secret that can be re-instated.
- A Background Check will be conducted, verifying such information as criminal records, employment and education verifications, etc.
Sabre Systems, Inc. is a quality driven, customer focused large business providing innovative solutions in the areas of Cyber, C4ISR, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, and Enterprise Modernization to federal and civilian customers. Our mission is to ensure our customers have the technology, services, and expertise to overcome threats, maintain superiority, and quickly adapt to emerging obstacles. At Sabre, we're more than just a job - we're a team - and we care for and nurture our employees like family. If you want to be a part of creating and implementing enduring solutions that transform mission challenges into mission success – join Sabre!
Sabre provides an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, paid days off, tuition reimbursement, and a 401K plan.
We respect the unique perspectives that a diverse workforce of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans brings not only to our company, but also to our customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Microsoft Certified Database Administrator
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (Mcsd)
Microsoft Certified Professional
Cisco Certified Network Professional
Top Secret (Ts Clearance)