To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- St. Louis, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Lead Architect (Mobility)
Enterprise Rent-A-Car • St. Louis, MO
Posted 7 days ago
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
We have an exciting opportunity within the Mobility Engineering team for a Lead Architect who will help lead the delivery of EHI's mobile strategies. As a Lead Architect you will be responsible for understanding and translating business requirements to architectural blueprints that align with our overall technology vision. You must use your broad technical knowledge to lead solution design and serve as a subject matter expert in more than one area of responsibility. You will participate in defining, developing, and implementing standards, processes and procedures for the team. You will be asked to stay current in emerging technology trends and be willing to move past old technology when appropriate. As a Lead Architect, you will guard the organization from technological pitfalls by applying expertise to differentiate high impact from low-value or fad trends in design. You will be also provide mentorship and guidance to less senior team members which will aid in their development.
The Mobility Engineering team is responsible for the discovery, development, and delivery of the tools and controls that enable our end users to perform their jobs across our multi-brand rental market, with a specific focus on mobile technology platforms. This includes working with both internal and external customers to provide solutions. Additionally, this team is responsible for adherence and integration of existing products and standards. These solutions provide our rental employees the ability to engage with our customers away from the traditional counter environment, and enhance the overall business process and customer experience.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Set/drive technical architecture for deploying, upgrading, and expanding EMM platforms to build upon and expand EHI's existing deployment as well as future strategies. This includes mobile app management, mobile device management, and other aspects of an EMM.
- Lead security efforts for mobile devices including solutions such as VPNs, containers, application wrapping, etc.
- Lead operational efficiencies efforts including automation of routine tasks and testing where applicable
- Identify technical debt and risks within our current environment
- Educate IT team members on basic and advanced OS and EMM features and best practices
- Work closely with various mobile device and EMM companies to keep a pulse of new solutions and trends in the mobile space
- Identify and evaluate mobile technologies/solutions; analyzing trade-offs, IE maturity, performance, schedule, and cost
- Collaborate with peers and leadership to negotiate and influence strategic roadmaps for our mobile solutions
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related
- 8+ years of experience leading a team by setting direction for system design, development and implementation
- 3+ years of experience in a software architecture role within the Android space
- Working knowledge within the Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) stack ie. AirWatch, Soti, InTune, MobileIron, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of design/development of Java, web applications, and web services including REST APIs
- Familiarity with Android APIs
- Experience with mobile test automation frameworks
- Working experience with agile development practices such as Continuous Integration/Delivery, DevOps, Test-Driven Development etc.
- Experience with wireless carriers including Android OTA system updates
- Must exhibit a leadership style that exhibits high energy, strategic thinking, collaboration, direct communication and results orientation
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Soti MobiControl certification
- Experience leading a team by setting direction for system design, development and implementation preferably for Point of Sale devices
- Experience with iOS platform