To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Troy, OH 45373
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Clopay Building Products • Troy, OH
Posted 1 month ago
Clopay Building Products is North America's largest residential garage door manufacturer. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service as well as unsurpassed quality and innovative products. Our employees are the cornerstone of our success and we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team. We have an excellent opportunity a Maintenance Supervisor on 2nd shift in our Troy, Ohio manufacturing facility.
In this position, the successful candidate will perform the following job responsibilities:
• Direct, supervise and coordinate general plant maintenance activities, the maintenance and repair of machines, electrical systems, structures, facilities and tool and die operations if applicable.
• Responsible for the quality of the repairs, methods of applications, scheduling of work, determination of malfunctions and extent and nature of repairs and type of materials or parts needed.
• Plan, organize and assign work to utilize skills, ability and experience of available work force to the best advantages to obtain favorable repair cost, quality of workmanship and to prevent interruption of production schedules.
• Work closely with Manufacturing and Production Control to schedule opportune time to make permanent repairs.
• Determine need for, and extent of repairs, check stock repair parts, requisition needed parts through purchase or work order and plan for and schedule repairs.
• Assist Engineering in planning for and supervising the preliminary installation operations, movement and erection of new machines or for plant layout changeovers.
• Provide instruction, guidance and supervision for the machining of repair parts, fabrication of details; erection, assembly and fitting of bearings, gear trains, alignment of working parts, etc.
• Supervise and coordinate the program of preventative maintenance as to its mechanical concepts, lubrication and periodic inspection.
• Coordinate the activities of contractors, factory representatives and others engaged in repairing, overhauling and rebuilding special or highly intricate and precise machinery.
• Participate in and coordinate company programs; e.g. communications, job training, vacation schedules, lock-out/tag out, hazard communication, etc.
• Ensure use of all safety devices and equipment, general housekeeping and maintain a constant alert for hazardous conditions or practices.
- A high school degree or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in a maintenance capacity in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic computer skills are required with a familiarity of Microsoft Office Products.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
Please visit our website at www.clopay.com to learn more about our company. An Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a drug-free work environment.
EOE Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran. We welcome applications from Veterans and the Disabled.