Smile America Partners....The Nation’s Largest In-School Dental Program
For over 20 years, Smile America Partners has been changing children's lives one small-smile at a time. Come join our team in our continuing efforts of providing dental care to children in need.
We are currently looking to hire a Dental Team Manager (DTM/SRM) located in our Farmington Hills, MI office.
**Future position expected to start in August**
What we Offer:
- Weekends and Summers off!
- Flexible work hours (M-F)
- Excellent benefit packages (health, dental, vision, 401K, PTO)
Dental Team Manager (DTM/SRM):
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Manage and schedule the day-to-day visit logistics of our Dental Teams within your assigned State
- Reports to the Operations Manager
- Develops close working relationship with the school contacts to help drive penetration and reduce exposure to school contract turnover
- Schedule: 9:30 - 5:30. Working with our states in the Mountain Time Zone (MST)
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Works as both DTM & SRM (school relationship manager)
- Serves as the key liaison between the school and dental teams
- Facilitation of field team schedules
- Managing dental team issues (equipment, staffing, travel, personnel issues, etc.)
- Ensuring field teams have appropriate information on visit dates
- Managing and tracking dental team performance and compliance issues
- Familiarity of state rules and regulations regarding team certification and composition
- Receiving daily updates from dental teams in the field
- Compiling dental team hours
- Monitors and fills short term dental team capacity by reviewing upcoming dates with excess capacity and pull visits forward as appropriate
- Owning day-to-day relationships with schools and serving as primary point of contact for all school interactions pre-visit & post-visit
- Maintaining frequent communication and customer service excellence (i.e. handle inquiries/issues from the school and ensure they are satisfactorily resolved)
- Scheduling visits and pre-scheduling the 'next visit'
- Systemactic calling process leading up to visit (Call Forward 8-5-2 execution)
- 'T-2 Weeks' visit logistics coordination with the school
- Monitoring form receipt and encouraging form return
- Identifying issues with form return/patient counts for upcoming visits and rescheduling visits if necessary
- Managing and compiling visit lists and patient information for the dental team
- Communicate daily with the Team Leaders and dentists to support service delivery, problem solving, conflict resolution and team building
- Reviews feedback from clinical teams and elevates as appropriate
Skills and Experiences:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in management or supervisory of 5+ direct reports
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, critical thinking and organized
- Proven experience and record of meeting deadlines
- College degree preferred (Associates; Bachelor's)
General Working Conditions:
Who We Are
This position entails sitting for long periods of time at a computer. While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with others, sit, stand, walk and use hands to handle keyboard, telephone, paper, files and other office equipment as deemed necessary. This position requires the ability to review detailed documents, processing data entry, and read computer screens simultaneously. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The work environment requires appropriate interaction with others. The noise level in the work environments is moderate.
Smile America Partners is the nation's leading in-school dental program founded almost two decades ago by two moms, who happen to also be dentists. The founders saw a tremendous need among underserved school aged children who did not have easy access to dental care and who often suffered from poor oral hygiene, tooth decay, pain and associated medical problems. Knowing that many parents could not take their children to the dentist due to issues including time off from work and transportation challenges, they sought to bring the care to the need. Today, through its dental partners, Smile America Partners provides preventive and restorative care to approximately 500,000 children per year.
Tooth decay is the most common, and preventable disease among children, more common than asthma. In fact, each year, over 51 million school hours are lost due to oral health related issues.
Smile America Partners affiliates with state licensed dentists, hygienists and assistants who use state-of-the-art portable equipment to provide all services onsite, directly in the school or in a self-contained mobile dental facility on site at the school. If portable equipment is used, classrooms, auditoriums or other school venues are literally transformed into fully functional dental offices for the day. Our expertise, obtained through years of experience bringing mobile dental care to schools, as well as through our highly qualified staff, enables us to bring exceptional care with minimal disruption to the normal school routine.
Smile America Partners is currently active in 20 states and has ongoing strategic partnerships with over 8,000 school districts, including 21 of the 25 largest school districts in the country.
Given the ongoing lack of access for many underserved children across the country, our services are in great demand and we are always looking for caring, compassionate professionals to join our team and play their part in making a difference in the lives of today's underserved children.
Rewarding Work. Competitive Compensation. Smile America Partners.
Smile America Partners is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Training And Development