To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Indianapolis, IN 46202
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Financial Counselor (Follow-up Team)
Eskenazi Health • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Financial Counselor at Eskenazi Health is responsible for explaining available payer programs and benefits to customers, including the Healthy Indiana Plan, various Medicaid or State programs and services, the Health Insurance Marketplace, COBRA, or any other possible third party payer sources, or the hospital's charity program, Health Advantage. Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Accepts daily assigned customer referrals in management designated systems to determine customers to be screened/interviewed
- Assists walk-in customers as they present
- Interviews/screens customers for all potential payer programs as described in previous job function
- Assists customer with information necessary for securing verifications from various companies/agencies (Work One, banks, life insurance companies, health information, physician offices, Social Security Administration, Health Department etc.)
- Completes timely submission of documentation and application in management designated system(s), adhering to all deadlines and requesting extensions from management when necessary
- Documents and update application status in management designated system(s) on a regular basis
- Maintains confidentiality of patient health information in compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Contacts patients by phone, correspondence, or home visit to continue to secure necessary documentation
- Monitors progress of applications to ensure application completion and processing timelines are adhered to
- Attends interviews (phone or in-person) with State, County or other payer program representatives for those patients with signed authorization that are determined not able to participate, have requested representation, or have a history of lack of cooperation
- Updates management designated system(s) with eligibility determinations and update all appropriate STAR accounts if eligibility is retroactive
- Estimates patient's financial responsibility for services currently rendered (patient's currently admitted as Inpatient or Observation) and secures payment or payment commitment as deemed appropriate by Management
Associate or Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work/business experience in a healthcare or public assistance setting required. High school diploma required;
- Must have a valid Indiana driver's license that meets Eskenazi Health's driving policy requirements
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred