This position provides administrative support to the Design Center Manager, and Designers, through a variety of related responsibilities. The position requires an ability to handle multiple projects under deadlines, detail oriented, self-sufficient, good judgment and a professional, supportive attitude.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer incoming telephone calls and greet guests in a friendly, polite and professional manner.
- Coverage of front desk reception, including greeting of customers and maintaining organization/tidyness of the Design Studio.
- Schedule homeowner design appointments, and reschedule as needed .
- Organize, maintain, distribute and update all department files, including working files for administrative matters and chronological correspondence.
- Prepare and distribute design files for each homesite assigned to a New Home Consultant/Designer.
- Obtain and distribute a tracking log of closings, including updates or changes in products offered to customers.
- Create correspondence or documents through Word Processing and Spreadsheet computer programs, fax and copy printed materials, handle correspondence, prepare reports as required.
- ordering, securing and storing office supplies, if required.
- Arrange meetings, departDment activities, conferences and schedule appointments. Make all necessary travel, luncheon, and other reservations and arrangements as necessary.
- File all accounts payable voucher packages on a weekly basis. This includes maintaining the files, making new labels and files, pulling documentation for other departments from files.
- Assist in preparation, copying and distribution of various monthly financial packages as well as quarterly Operations Review books, etc.
- Prepare outgoing and internal correspondence independently from verbal instructions, drafts and/or dictation.
- Support the day-to-day Design Studio activities, including accurate coding for timely payment of invoices, assist with budget preparation and control, including data entry. Collection and dissemination of information to each Designer, monitoring sales information as necessary, providing analysis and reports as required.
- Provide assistance to Designers in all functions.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Three (3) to five (5) years administrative assistant experience, preferably with a homebuilder
- High School diploma or GED required. College or Business school desirable
- Valid driver’s license
- Intermediate PC skills Microsoft Office; JD Edwards system experience preferred
- Accurate typing 50-60 wpm
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Must possess professional appearance and demeanor
- Must possess ability to handle priorities under pressure
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality relative to daily work schedule is required
- Interact well with co-workers
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player
This is a primarily sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office supplies and materials weighing at least twenty‑five pounds (25 lbs.) or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate computer keyboard, calculator and telephone equipment. May operate a motor vehicle. May require occasional evening and weekend hours for special events or to meet deadlines.
FLSA STATUS: Non‑Exempt
Setting Up Files