Travel Required: None Requisition Type: Regular
Software Engineer Junior
Must be able to obtain SECRET security clearance
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) program. We are a cutting edge program supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) collaborative information environment for intelligence sharing with allies and international partners. We are a global team with multiple locations in the U.S. and abroad supporting U.S. Combatant Commands mission critical or episodic operations. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for working with cutting edge technologies, learning new things, and solving real world issues that impact U.S. National Security.
You will be joining a new, agile digital transformation initiative to improve the program’s global effectiveness, increase operational visibility into its IT assets, and drive cost savings by implementing the full range of Servicenow capabilities, to include ITSM, IT Operations Management (ITOM), IT Business Management (ITBM), Security Operations, dashboards, and automation and orchestration.
- Work with Product Owners and Technical lead in an agile environment on backlog refinement, sprint planning, contributing to retrospectives, and be an active part of continuous team development and process/practice improvement.
- Provide and/or develop subject matter expertise on Servicenow development and modules as required.
- Designs and codes software components units for workflow management software.
- Work closely with Process Owners, Service Desk and IT teams to create workflows/applications to achieve business objectives.
- Participate in internal and customer meetings understand requirements, identify unique use cases, and implement information technology solutions / initiatives.
- Perform full-spectrum of software development lifecycle (SDLC), to include systems modeling, simulation, analysis, testing and debugging assigned components and units.
- Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
- Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for applications.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Maintain all agreed upon professional and technical certifications you have and are given the opportunity to achieve.
- 2+ years of experience required.
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET Clearance
- BS in Computer Science or a relevant field, or comparable work experience
- Basic knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Basic knowledge of the hardware, software, and systems associated with software engineering.
- Basic knowledge of how to utilize source control
- Understanding of object oriented development technique
- Basic knowledge of Solution Design Patterns and Best Practices, e.g. SOA
- Database design and development (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Experience with Web Services and Service Oriented Architecture a plus
- Basic understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodologies.
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies preferred, including COMPTIA Security+ within 6 months of hire and ITIL v3/v4 Foundations within 12 months of hire.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SCSM, Remedy, ServiceNow, or similar workflow management applications.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#dpost #cjobs #cjpost #isdcj #GDITRecruiter #BICES
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Systems Development Life Cycle
Software Development Life Cycle