CSI Health is actively seeking a Licensed Vocation Nurse specializing in Phlebotomy for our client located in the Torrance, CA area.
The CSI Companies understands that an attractive benefits package is important for recruiting above-average candidates. While on contract, we offer a benefits package that includes weekly pay, direct deposit, multiple healthcare plans (Vision, Dental, Disability options, Holiday Pay, & Paid Time Off) if eligible.
- Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- Saturday 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- Sunday 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Pay: Market competitive based on experience
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) with phlebotomy focus role is an integral part of the clinic team inside of our client's clinic.
- Under the supervision of a Nurse Practitioner, the LVN will advance the evidence based practice in all patient encounters as they perform the major job duties and tasks within the scope of their training.
- The role is primarily responsible for blood collection at the clinics.
- The LVN will draw blood and send collections to reference labs for processing.
- The LVN will also perform additional medical procedures including but not limited to vaccine injection, collection of hair and oral fluid samples for lab testing and taking vital information.
- Perform blood draws and sending samples to a reference lab for processing.
- Able to demonstrate proper collection techniques in accordance with the laboratory collection services policy and procedure manual.
- Maintains knowledge of laboratory tests and appropriate computer ordering codes.
- Process specimens maintaining specimen integrity according to individual test requirements.
Performing Medical Services
- Collect and document vital signs on patients
- Preparing, administering and providing vaccination services.
- Collect hair and oral fluid specimen samples and send to a reference lab for testing.
- Operate an EKG device for non-emergency readings on patients.
- Capture images of a patient’s retina by using a fundus camera.
- Perform CLIA waived point of care testing on patients.
- Perform additional medical services that fall within the licensure of a LVN under the supervision of a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
- Keeps the clinic clean and uncluttered.
- Assist with managing patients in the waiting space and level set wait time expectations.
- Act as a chaperone if a patient or provider in the primary exam room requests one.
- Ordering and maintaining adequate supplies for the clinic.
- Participate in community engagement outreach and initiatives to drive practice growth.
- Follows universal precautions in cleaning up or disposing of any blood of body fluids.
- Employee may be required to complete or be responsible for additional job duties as assigned by Nurse Practitioner, Senior Practice Manager, Senior Clinician or Area Director.
- Minimum of 1 year related work experience in a healthcare setting required.
- Experience documenting within an Electronic Medical Record required.
- Epic EMR preferred but not required.
- Ability to take vital signs, perform phlebotomy blood draws and perform Point of Care Testing required.
- Previous recent phlebotomy blood draw experience
- Graduate of a school of Practical or Vocational Nursing, approved by the State Agency and/or accredited by the National League for Nursing (Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)) at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
- The LVN must have a full, active and unrestricted license as a Licensed
- The LVN must also hold a certification in performing phlebotomy services.
- Verifiable high school diploma or equivalent required.
Certified Landscape Irrigation Auditor