$75000.00 to $85000.00 yearly
Robert Half Finance is searching for a Senior Accountant with 3-5+ years US GAAP accounting experience who is interested in working with an esteemed Financial Services company. This role handles essential tasks, such as financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance. Candidates should enjoy analytical tasks, challenges, and fast-paced environments. Located in the greater Meriden, Connecticut area, this Senior Accountant role offers growth potential, a collaborative team environment and a great compensation and benefits package.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Delegate resources to Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Work with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls and provide support on special requests
- Perform monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables such as journal entries, reconciliations, reports in compliance with GAAP
- Continuously analyze current automation of the accounting and reporting process and present improvement suggestions
- Partake in various department-wide initiatives
- Allocate and prepare monthly consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis reports for management
- Aid in coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors
- Analyze financial information and report on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
- Supply Balance Sheet account reconciliations
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email your resume in a Word document to Brittany Rizzo at Email blocked - click to apply
. Please note, all calls and emails are strictly confidential. We will never send your resume to a client without your permission.
- Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
- Experience working within the financial services industry are highly preferred
- Skilled at time management
- Great attention to detail
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Current and relevant ERP system experience
- Vow to meet business deadlines
- 3+ years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
- Strong familiarity with Adjusting Journal Entries
- Internal control review experience preferred
- Command of journal entries
- Adeptness in month end closings
- Recent GAAP Accounting
- Bank & account reconciliations experience
- Remarkable analytical, quantitative and social skills
- SOX internal control assessments (Section 404) experience
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Attention To Detail