BGIS is currently seeking an IT Inside Sales Representative to join the team.
The Inside Sales Representative will focus on client acquisition. This position involves cold calling new potential clients, client business referrals, or web leads. This person will provide prospective customers/ clients with information on the suite of BGIS Critical Environments services offered and additional information as needed. They will work with Business Development leadership to advance the client within the sales process. They must be energetic, well-spoken, goal oriented and eager to initiate new relationships and drive business. The ideal candidate will have performed an inside sales role previously and is well versed in the Microsoft Office suites of applications and Salesforce.com as a CRM system. This person must be able to prioritize and multitask, daily. The strong desire for client success and the achievement of sales goals is a must.
Cold calling; making multiple outbound calls to potential clients
- Initiates many outbound phone calls and emails, daily, to prospective clients.
- Provides an overview of BGIS Critical Environments services to prospective clients.
- Provides follow up information, via email, to prospective clients.
- Tracks all activity, metrics and Key performance indicators on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Qualifies leads to the point where they can be passed to the appropriate business development person.
- Acts on impressions, leads and contacts generated by our marketing and branding efforts to create opportunities.
Researching potential leads from business directories, web searches, or digital resources
- Researches new verticals and companies as possible clients for BGIS Critical Environments.
- Uses a variety of digital tools to sort and rank clients as possible targets.
- Creates lists of potential targets and vertical from web searches and other media resources.
- Possesses proficiencies in CRM systems, specifically Salesforce.com.
Qualifying leads from digital campaigns, conferences, references, tradeshows, etc.
- Qualifies potential clients from targets generated from digital campaigns, tradeshows, website leads, etc.
- Develops and executes voice and email scripts to performs this initial qualification of targets.
- Maintains a list of qualified candidates for further qualification and advances them to the point where they can be passed to a business development person.
- The candidate will be measured on both the quantity of work performed (outbound calls, inbound calls, Salesforce entries,) and the quality of work performed (qualified leads passed to you, customer satisfaction index, revenue and /or margin).
- Helps to develop new lead sources.
Understanding client needs and offering solutions and support
- Actively engages prospective customers in discussing their needs within the critical environment.
- Develops an understanding of their requirements and matches them to a BGIS critical environment offering.
- Maintains contact with the prospective client for further qualification in the future.
Presenting and delivering information to potential clients
- Delivers an oral overview presentation about BGIS and our Critical Environments offering.
- Follows up this presentation with any appropriate written material, sent to the client via email.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Comfortable making cold calls and talking to new people all day. (Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar inside sales role within the IT space)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect and interact with potential customers. (Voice and written skills are critical for success)
- Persuasive and goal - oriented. (Must possess the ability to listen and understand the blatant and latent needs of a prospective client and convince them to hear the BGIS Critical Environment story)
- Possesses an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor. (High energy, via the phone, is a critical success factor in this role. Creating and fostering new relationships is key to success in this role)
- Self-motivated and self-directed. (Must possess the ability to work independently, with minimal daily guidance)
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- University Degree / Bachelors
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.