Outside Sales Representative
Are you ready to be part of a dynamic sales team that competes to win every day? Beacon is hiring motivated, results driven top performers for our outside sales team. If you think you can keep up with our fast paced, team environment, join us in roofing distribution sales!
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. is a vibrant and face-paced environment where self-motivation, passion and resourcefulness are rewarded. We are one of the largest distributors of residential and non-residential roofing and complementary building products in North America. Beacon currently has 589 locations in 50 US states and 6 Canadian provinces and more than 8500 employees. We are known throughout the building supply industry for having the best team, integrity, exceptional service and quality building products.
Beacon Roofing Supply is publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock market under the symbol BECN. In June of 2006, Beacon Roofing Supply was named to the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
We are looking for bright minds that share a passion for outside sales and can deliver on expectations. If you are ready for this challenge please apply today!
The responsibilities include:
- Building strong customer relationships by maintaining sales contacts as required by the position.
- Developing new business opportunities through cold calls and lead generation.
- Meet or exceed the sales and margin expectations for the assigned territory.
- Developing and executing a comprehensive monthly and annual sales plan for their territory to service and expand our business with our existing as well as our new customers.
- Demonstrating solid business sales acumen and professionalism to make a positive impact on all prospects and customers.
- Organizing sales activities so that face to face selling time to the customer is maximized.
- Driving sales growth through consistent daily effort.
- Coordinating closely with our inside sales support team and our vendors to plan and execute the promotion of products and services to our customers.
- Maintaining social, ethical and organizational norms of Beacon. Conduct business activity, at all times, in a manner consistent with the company's corporate culture.
- Use Salesforce, Cognos, and Mincron reports available to help manage a sales territory.
- Using the necessary phone and field selling skills to sell our products and services to our customers.
- The overall performance and development of assigned and newly assigned accounts.
- Observing and benchmark off of other outstanding Sales Representatives in all aspects of the sales process to utilize skills necessary in your sales territory.
- Demonstrated record of year over year sales growth.
- Strong ability to develop new business while maintaining existing business.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and attitude.
- 4 year degree preferred.
- Experience in residential or commercial sales in a plus, but not required.
- Sales, business management or distribution industries preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Internet, Word and Excel.
- Ability to learn and use Salesforce.
- Mincron knowledge preferred or the ability to learn our inventory management system.
- Ability to learn product lines.
- Must be able to function as part of a sales team.
- Can gain agreement and acceptance of ideas, plans activities and recommendations.
- Creates a good first impression, commands attention and respect, and shows an air of confidence.
- Displays a genuine interest, excitement and eagerness toward job, company and prospects.
- Can demonstrate versatility.
- Is a self-starter. Will take action to achieve goals.
- Takes a sincere interest in what the customer or prospect really needs to improve his business.
- Copes well in competitive sales situations with little supervision and possesses strong negotiation skills.
- Is motivated by selling (interested, enthusiastic and committed to the sales function).
- Consistently make the kind of effort necessary to accomplish sales goals.
- Maintains a Good Driving Safety Record.
- Maintain a valid driver's license
- Willingness to develop new and existing skills through educational programs with both company provided and vendor supported training.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
URL blocked - click to apply