To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Suwanee, GA 30024
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Quality Engineer
MEGGITT • Suwanee, GA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Manufacturing Quality Engineer (MQE) acts as the primary contact at the Site for all zero defect activities. This is a “hands on” role and the MQ Engineer will identify and drive key A3 problem solving projects to improve first pass yield, rework and scrap issues.
The MQ Engineer will ensure the day to day project execution & coordination at the manufacturing site. Will be a Subject matter Expert (SME) for Zero Defects improvement & quality system projects (PFMEA, DFMEA, 8D, SPC, MSA, CP etc.)
The site MQE activities are focused on product and process performance, supporting both new programmes and current production. The ZD site engineer will provide the link between Group Quality, Site and interaction with all functions.
Reports to Site Lead (dotted line to HMQ-ZD)
Job Core Responsibilities
- Have excellent knowledge of core zero defect engineering tools (i.e. DFMEA, PFMEA, MSA, SPC, PPAP, APQP, and 8D)
- Conduct best practice containment actions as a first step
- Conduct and review site Manufacturing Process reviews and assessments
- Drive open issues at the sites to resolution using appropriate problem-solving tools
- Develop Zero Defect plan to eliminate defects
- Schedule and conduct reviews with site management as required
- Conduct capacity verification process and verify production trial runs
- Drive capability (Ppk & Cpk)
- Ensure completion of flawless launch initiatives
- Support management meetings as required
- Provide on-site assistance as required
- Analyse capacity, yields, capability & drive improvement
- Support Fresh Eyes reviews as required 8-D / Concern Resolution
- Ensure governance is robust and timely
- Carry out ZD training as required
Education: Post-secondary degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years Experience: 8+ Years or more of relevant Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work in multi-functional teams including suppliers, to exact deadlines and often under pressure.
- Working knowledge of problem solving tools and techniques.
- New part Introduction, Project Management, problem solving/resolution tools and techniques all within an aerospace environment
- Conversant with the suite of Microsoft Office software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- HNC/D or degree (preferred but not essential), in a relevant discipline (engineering / manufacturing based).
- PPAP experience including FAI
- Knowledge of statistical techniques is an advantage.
- Knowledge of aerospace industry standards and regulations
- Preferred formal continuous improvement qualification (green or black belt)
- Flexible and prepared to travel on a frequent basis
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].