Social Studies Teacher
Do you believe that every scholar deserves a high-quality education?
Are you passionate about making a difference and teaching in underserved communities?
Phalen Leadership Academies is currently looking for dedicated educators like YOU!!!
We are currently accepting applications for the 2022-2023 school year!
What You Will Do:
- Establish a culture of high expectations that ensures all scholars in the classroom meet their projected individual growth goals for Social Studies
- Develop and implement lesson plans and classroom activities aligned with State Standards and PLA Instructional Guidelines
- Assess students regularly and personalize classroom instruction based on assessment data and each scholar's needs
- Communicate regularly with students and families and involve families as partners in their child’s education
- Identify unique student needs and collaborate with team members to effectively address those needs and improve instructional practices throughout the school
- Ensure scholar classroom retention of 80% during an academic school year
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Credential required OR Enrolled in an accredited teacher licensing program
- Knowledge of child cognitive development and various learning styles
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative student data
- Strength in using data to drive instruction
- Willingness to align your mission with the vision of PLA’s Core Values.
AND ARE YOU?
- Able to drive the mission and vision of PLA
- An excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? APPLY NOW!
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
PLA offers student loan forgiveness and support (for those that qualify), competitive salary and benefits, strong Professional Development, leverage & integrated technology, appreciation and recognition year-round, participation in free Summer Program & job training program for your dependents, and additional income opportunities.
WHO ARE WE:
At PLA, we share an unwavering belief and passion for educating and empowering scholars from under-served communities driven by our Core Values: children first, respect, determination, continuous improvement, and gratitude. Our approach to leading successful schools builds on over 20 years of experience running educational programs for children, the latest scientific research, and the best practices throughout the nation.
To create this kind of vibrant learning community, we hire only the best of the best educators & industry leaders and invest heavily in our faculty through ongoing professional development and support. We value people like you, people with a dedication to excellence and a passion for helping all our scholars develop the knowledge, skills, and character necessary to succeed while fueling their aspirations for the future.
PLA is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify in all states that require it.
Please read carefully.
Phalen Leadership Academies (PLA) is an equal opportunity employer. PLA does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.
By completing this application you understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for PLA to hire me. If hired, I understand that either PLA or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of PLA has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
You attest by applying to this position that you have given PLA true and complete information on this application. No requested information has been concealed. I authorize PLA to contact references provided for employment reference checks. If any information I have provided is untrue, or if I have concealed material information, I understand that this will constitute cause for the denial of employment or immediate dismissal.
Powered by JazzHR
- Interpersonal Skills
- Learning Styles
- Cognitive Development