Aircraft Maintenance and Repair
Location: Trumbull, CT
This is a mechanic position for the Housing Cell.
-Consistently and accurately disassemble, clean, evaluate, perform repairs, modifications and assemble components in accordance with approved data.
• Work independently with limited supervision.
• Use precision measuring instruments and gages such as feeler gages, dial indicators,
micrometers, calipers, etc.
• Perform repair of detail components by filing, stoning, lapping and polishing.
• Using power and hand tools.
• Write in a clear and concise manner the results of evaluations and be able to communicate repair requirements for work performed within our facility or sent to outside sources.
• Adhere to all EH&S requirements, FAA & EASA regulations, company rules, policies,
procedures and corporate initiatives.
• Follow procedures found in component maintenance manuals, service bulletins, ORI’s,
OREI’s, drawings, check sheets, etc.
• Must be competent in the use of torque wrenches and have a complete understanding of SAC torque specification SS9300.
• Chemically treat repaired surfaces in accordance with approved data.
• Review and interpret related paperwork to ensure proper identification of parts, operational sequence and record information on appropriate documentation.
• Drill, ream, tap, change studs, install helicoils, install bushings and liners by shrink fitting and arbor press.
This is safety sensitive position and will require inclusion in an FAA approved Drug and Alcohol screening program.
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.