To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
- AMR Healthcare
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Operations Supervisor (Lieutenant)
American Medical Response • Birmingham, AL
Posted 2 months ago
JOB TITLE: Assistant Operations Supervisor (Lieutenant)
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISOR TITLE: Operations Supervisor
SUMMARY: This is a non-exempt supervisory position that is responsible for overseeing field personnel and making supervisory level decisions including staffing and allocation of resources within established policy and procedure. This position is accountable for all areas of the Paramedic job description with additional duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Assists with scheduling, assigning, directing and reviewing the work of EMTs and Paramedics.
* Provides guidance, leadership, and direction to crews as needed.
* Makes critical decisions based upon objective findings and established guidelines.
* Provides consistent, high quality patient care and transport as outlined by Lifeguard standards, protocols, and accepted local and national treatment doctrines.
* Maximizes unit hours by continuously monitoring the schedule and operation via direct observation and radio communication while working in the field on an emergency vehicle or QVC.
* Cooperates with other members of management to minimize problems, correct staffing or scheduling issues, and continuously improve service.
* Ensures that ambulance calls are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
* Verifies that units are clean, stocked, and in working order, and verify that buildings and grounds are clean and well kept.
* Ensure that all necessary patient care and billing documentation is completed within specified time-frames and allows for maximal reimbursement.
* Ensures compliance with federal, state and local standards, contractual requirements, and established operational and safety policies and procedures.
* Completes daily and monthly reports as required.
* Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers, stakeholders, peers, and members of the medical / EMS community.
* Assists with developing and conducting new employee orientation, as well as other training programs for employees, and maintain training records of employees.
* Provides feedback to management for, and assist with development and implementation of, programs to improve working conditions, patient care, and system performance.
* Displays professionalism, integrity, confidentiality, and competency with patients, their families, the public, other agencies, coworkers, and Lifeguard management.
* Maintains and utilizes knowledge of company policies and procedures, protocols, and clinical quality controls (CQC), as well as local, state and federal regulations that govern EMS.
* Maintains currency of all required certifications and licenses. Maintains and improves EMS leadership skills by reading books and periodicals, attending classes, meetings and seminars.
* Attends all required staff meetings.
* Remains aware of all policy changes and information posted on EMS Toolkit, on company notice boards, company email, and by communicating with leadership staff.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Thorough knowledge of emergency medical service regulations, policies, and operating procedures
* Thorough knowledge of equipment and supplies used in emergency care of patients and victims of accidents, patient care and transport
* Considerable knowledge of geography of the operating area and the location of roads and streets
* Considerable knowledge of emergency medical procedures and techniques
* Working knowledge of radio communication equipment
* Ability to operate a personal computer and related software and to type with accuracy
* Working knowledge of the safe operation of emergency vehicles and compliance with all state laws pertaining to the safe operation of an emergency vehicle.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment in determining the appropriate emergency medical treatment of a patient or a group of patients according to existing protocols and standards of care.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
* Associate's degree preferred.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in EMS setting preferred.
* Current certified Paramedic with one (1) year experience as a Paramedic, or a combination of education, experience, and training will be considered.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS
* Current State EMT-Paramedic License.
* Valid state drivers' license with proper endorsements, four years of licensed and unsupervised driving experience, and a driving record that meets the approval of Lifeguard's Auto Insurance Policy Carrier.
* Current BLS/ACLS Certification.
* EVOC or equal defensive driving certification as required by the state.
* PEP, PALS, or other equivalent pediatric course within 6 months of hire.
* Must be a certified instructor in two (2) of the following: ACLS, CPR, PALS, or PHTLS within one (1) year of hire date in this position.
* Current version of NIMS training IS-100 and IS-700.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS & DIRECTION/GUIDANCE
This position reports directly to the Operations Supervisor (Captain) and the Operations Manager. This position oversees EMTs and Paramedics in the field.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled