Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years & Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise & a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo & its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation & a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension & thrombotic disorders, under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo research & development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart & kidney diseases, & other rare diseases. Job Summary:
The Associate Director, Global Medical Affairs (GMA) Oncology- Medical Information and Education works with the Director, Medical Information & Education and GMA Oncology TA/franchise in developing and reviewing global high-quality medical information documents, ensuring accuracy and scientific balance. This position is responsible for execution of global scientific deliverables. The Associate Director executes Medical Information & Education action plans and works closely with Regional teams to ensure alignment and consistency on medical information and training content. The Associate Director leads the execution of internal global medical education trainings to support regional medical affairs team needs. The Associate Director develops Global Medical Information and Education databases or platforms. Responsibilities:
Ensure high quality, scientifically sound Global Medical Information Guidance Documents, to prepare Regional/Local Medical Affairs for responding to unsolicited requests from healthcare professionals
- Oversee the timely execution of the development, review and approval process incorporating input/recommendations from other reviewers (e.g., Peer Reviewers, Legal Affairs reviewer, Supervisor) and discussing with other functions as needed
- Ensure detailed peer review of medical information documents and provide appropriate and effective feedback/recommendations.
Ensure execution of Medical Education training plan to internal associates Internal medical training programs and content
- Develop medical educational resources for external reactive use
- External content to be used by Regional Medical Science Liaisons
Oversee comprehensive medical review and clearance of materials/programs as member of the GMA review team.
Providing subject matter expertise to ensure comprehensive, high quality, medical review and appropriate sign-off/approval of materials/programs
Oversee the development of a GMA Medical Information and Education content and database:
- Interact with DS IT department and Medical Affairs systems personnel in the development and/or updating of systems-based solutions (e.g., electronic inquiry and document management systems)
Serve as integral member of the GMA Team to:
- ensure Regional Medical Information and Training function is aligned with the overall GMA strategies, plans and objectives;
- assure knowledge and information transfer between Regional Medical Information and Training function and other functions across Global/Regional Medical Affairs;
- drive the consistency in Global/Regional medical information
- plan and staff Medical Information booths at targeted medical conferences
- oversee projects/initiatives within GMA, or across functions, as assigned
- assist in developing/reviewing/updating Global policies and procedures
- sharing best practices across Global Medical Information, training new colleagues
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation. Education/Experience:
Ph.D., or PharmD required
- Minimum 3-5 years in a medically-related field including industry experience in Medical Affairs (experience in medical review and/or medical information is strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated expertise in working successfully with cross-functional teams to achieve results
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.