To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chesterfield, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Aegion Corporation • Chesterfield, MO
Posted 30 days ago
Aegion Corporation is looking for an Engineering Intern based in St. Louis, MO, within its Insituform Technologies division.
Aegion Corporation and its family of companies shield and protect the world's infrastructure from degradation and corrosion with a variety of technologies. Aegion's businesses comprise sewer, drinking water and energy and mining pipeline rehabilitation and corrosion protection for and strengthening of bridges, tunnels, buildings, waterfront, metal and concrete structures. Our companies provide cost-effective solutions to remediate operational, health, regulatory and environmental problems resulting from aging and defective pipelines and infrastructure.
- Assist the engineering department in developing new products, designs, drawings, sketches
- Support engineering test laboratory, by way of improving test protocols and work instructions
- Be part of a global project team, collaborating with Manufacturing, Quality & Operations departments
- Other general engineering tasks as directed by supervisor
- Internship Duration: Must be available to work full-time for a minimum of 10 weeks during summer
- Education and/or Experience: Pursuing an undergraduate or master's degree in an Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical, Petroleum, Materials or Civil engineering program. Must be in good academic standing with excellent analytical skills & critical thinking
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; draft reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; effectively present information to individuals or groups (management, clients, customers, general public) and respond to questions. Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform arithmetic calculations and apply basic statistical, algebraic and geometric concepts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volumes, etc.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists and interpret various instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Computer-Based: Ability to work with complex spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software. Ability to learn new applications quickly. Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Power Point) required.
Physical Demands / Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: In the performance of duties for this position, the employee is: regularly required to sit, talk, and hear; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, occasionally required to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and taste or smell; regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds (occasionally up to 25 pounds). Vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, and color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability for extended concentration.
- Work Environment: In performing the duties for this job, the employee will generally work in an office type environment but will occasionally be required to work in outside weather conditions (occasionally near job sites with moving vehicles and mechanical operations). Will be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate. Must be willing to travel up to 10% of time, by automobile and airplane, both domestically and internationally.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant priority referral Protected Veterans requested.